Calheta, São Jorge, Portugal
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 38.604267, -28.021791.
Calheta is a coastal town on the southern coast of São Jorge island, in the Azores, one of the two autonomous regions of Portugal. It is one of the biggest towns on the island. It is a historic town that also plays a role of a known resort. The history of the town dates back to the 15th century. Calheta has five parishes: Calheta, Norte Pequeno, Ribeira Seca, Santo Antão, and Topo. Its economy is mainly based on agriculture and fishing. Points of interest in Calheta include the Church of Santa Catarina, the Church of Nossa Senhora do Rosário, Manor of the Tiagos, Manor of the Noronhas, Francisco de Lacerda Museum, and Piscinas Naturais Fajã Grande. There are also several hotels, campgrounds, and supermarkets in the town.
Where is Calheta, São Jorge, Portugal on Map?
Road map of Calheta, São Jorge, Portugal shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Calheta, São Jorge, Portugal
Calheta, São Jorge, Portugal Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Calheta, São Jorge, Portugal is 38.604267, and the longitude is -28.021791. Calheta, São Jorge, Portugal is located at Portugal country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 38° 36' 15.3612'' N and 28° 1' 18.4476'' W.
|DMS Lat||38° 36' 15.3612'' N|
|DMS Long||28° 1' 18.4476'' W|
Coordinates of Calheta, São Jorge, Portugal is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in Portugal
Also check out these related Towns.
- Nazaré, Portugal (39.601875, -9.071212)
- São Miguel Arcanjo, Azores, Portugal (37.717499, -25.434168)
- Cacilhas, Almada, Portugal (38.687252, -9.147665)
- Guarda, Portugal (40.536373, -7.265401)
- Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal (37.742828, -25.680588)
- Ponte de Lima, Viana do Castelo, Portugal (41.764732, -8.582741)
- Magoito, São João das Lampas, Portugal (38.867588, -9.429850)
- Alcanena, Portugal (39.459099, -8.667169)
- Corroios, Portugal (38.642151, -9.151483)
- Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal (32.688656, -16.791765)