The Tower of London, London, UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.508530, -0.076132.
A many-centuries old symbol of the royal power of the United Kingdom, the Tower of London is a historic castle known also as the Royal Palace and the Fortress. It is the oldest building of the fortification complex which was built by William the Conqueror in the end of the 11th century, and the Tower of London played a key role if the whole history of the country. The landmark is located in the central part of London, on the northern bank of the River Thames. The total area of the historical complex is estimated to be close to 12 acres, and the Tower of London is among those most important historical landmarks included to the list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The landmark includes a few buildings and areas like the White Tower, the Inner Ward, the Outer Ward, a few other towers, a few gates, and other parts. The complex used to play a role of a fortification and a facility for protecting the capital city against the invasions. It also used to be a citadel for the members of the Royal Family, as well as a prison (during the wars of the 19th and 20th centuries). In modern times, the Tower is one of the major tourist attractions of London, as well as the place used for ceremonial purposes. It has a great location right next to plenty of other monuments in London and is visited by thousands of guests of the city on an annual basis.
Where is The Tower of London, London, UK on Map?
Road map of The Tower of London, London, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of The Tower of London, London, UK
The Tower of London, London, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of The Tower of London, London, UK is 51.508530, and the longitude is -0.076132. The Tower of London, London, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Towers place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 30' 30.7080'' N and 0° 4' 34.0752'' W.
The Tower of London, London, UK Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||51° 30' 30.7080'' N|
|DMS Long||0° 4' 34.0752'' W|
Coordinates of The Tower of London, London, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towers in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Towers.
- Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clock Tower, Birmingham, the UK (52.449837, -1.930617)
- Craigkelly Transmitting Station, Burntisland, the UK (56.071888, -3.232915)
- Glasgow Tower, Glasgow, the UK (55.858700, -4.295905)
- National Lift Tower, Tower Square, Northampton, UK (52.238533, -0.921987)
- Radio City Tower, Liverpool, the UK (53.406315, -2.981979)
- BT Tower (Birmingham), Birmingham, the UK (52.483521, -1.904100)
- Blackpool Tower, Blackpool, Lancashire, the UK (53.815884, -3.055291)
- British Airways i360, Brighton, the UK (50.821384, -0.150896)
- Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth, the UK (50.795574, -1.108517)
- BT Tower, London, the UK (51.521393, -0.139018)