Convert Lat Long to UTM
Type the latitude and longitude values to convert into UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) coordinate system.
Map Mouse Over Location0,0
This is an effective and fast online Lat Long to UTM converter. It can be used to make the stated conversions at any time and any place. Type the latitude and longitude values to convert from lat long coordinate system into UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) coordinate system.
What is UTM?
UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) coordinate system is basically geographical latitude longitude system that is expressed in two-dimensional projection of the surface of earth where the earth map is divided into 60 zones, with each of them separated by 6 degrees in longitude and the locations are expressed in terms of so called easting and northing, i.e. Easting 380749.6, Northing 4928286.8 This system is most commonly used for military purposes.
- Easting: the x coordinate
- Northing: the y coordinate
- You can press ENTER to calculate UTM in the lat long input box.
- If you click on the UTM easting and UTM northing input box, it will auto select the value.
- You can also get the lat long and the UTM values by clicking on the map.
World Geodetic System WGS84 standard is used on this latitude and longitude to UTM converter.