Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 4.624335, -74.063644.
Bogotá is the capital city and the capital of Bogota District located in the very central part of Colombia. This is one of the most populous and the largest cities of the continent, which has a large and very modern metropolitan area that offers the residents high-quality social living standards. The city is known as "The Athens of South America" since it is a key historical and cultural center of the country, with plenty of libraries, theaters, cinemas, and other establishments. The population of Bogota is highly educated as the city is a home to plenty of universities, both private and public, as well as many great high schools and colleges which offer world-class educational services to all people in need.
The city was established in the middle of the 16th century by Spanish settlers and since then has been developing as a leading settlement and social environment of the country. The population of Bogota is multi-cultural but all the people of different ethnic origins live in peace and accordance. Located in the middle of a large plain known as the Bogota Savannah, the city is a mixture of old historic architecture with a few examples of really modern construction designs. In the center of Bogota, it is possible to see some tall skyscrapers and office centers located right near old cathedrals and mansions. Like any capital city, Bogota is the location for the Presidential Palace and all the administrative and governmental buildings of the country. The city is a key logistics and transportation hub of the whole continent.
Where is Bogotá, Colombia on Map?
Road map of Bogotá, Colombia shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Bogotá, Colombia
Bogotá, Colombia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Bogotá, Colombia is 4.624335, and the longitude is -74.063644. Bogotá, Colombia is located at Colombia country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 4° 37' 27.6060'' N and 74° 3' 49.1184'' W.
|DMS Lat||4° 37' 27.6060'' N|
|DMS Long||74° 3' 49.1184'' W|
Coordinates of Bogotá, Colombia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Colombia
Also check out these related Cities.
- Barranquilla, Departamento del Atlantico, Colombia (10.963889, -74.796387)
- Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia (6.230833, -75.590553)
- Cúcuta, Cucuta, North Santander, Colombia (7.888519, -72.495834)
- Villavicencio, Meta, Colombia (4.151382, -73.637688)
- San Juan del Cesar, La Guajira, Colombia (10.769864, -73.002151)
- Armenia, Quindio, Colombia (4.535000, -75.675690)
- Manizales, Caldas, Colombia (5.070275, -75.513817)
- Chía, Cundinamarca, Colombia (4.862437, -74.058655)
- Soacha, Cundinamarca, Colombia (4.583333, -74.216667)
- Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia (3.420556, -76.522224)