Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 48.389999, -4.490000.
Brest is a famous port city in France situated in the region Brittany, in the westernmost part of the country. It is an old city and a very important port which plays a role as the westernmost transportation hub of the country. The first settlement was established there by the Celts and its name comes from the Celtic word meaning "A Hill". In the post-Roman times, there was a big city castle built in Brest, and the strategic location of the settlement made it a subject of constant military disputes between the neighboring nations. In the Middle Ages trade started thriving and the main activity of the local people. After World War II the city had to be rebuilt and today it is a modern center of shipping businesses and services. There are plenty of things to do and see in Brest, including Musée National de la Marine, Marina du Château, Jardin du Conservatoire botanique national de Brest, Jardin de Kerbonne, Brest Arena, Base sous-marine de Brest, Phare Du Portzic, Belvédère De St-Anne, Le Jardin des Explorateurs, and so on.
* The 2021 Tour de France will begin on Saturday 26 June 2021. Brest will host the Grand Depart of the Tour de France, which is a very popular road bicycle race. The city also has held the race in 1952, 1974, and 2008.
Where is Brest, France on Map?
Road map of Brest, France shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Brest, France
Brest, France Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Brest, France is 48.389999, and the longitude is -4.490000. Brest, France is located at France country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 48° 23' 23.9964'' N and 4° 29' 24.0000'' W.
|DMS Lat||48° 23' 23.9964'' N|
|DMS Long||4° 29' 24.0000'' W|
Coordinates of Brest, France is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in France
Also check out these related Cities.
- Angoulême, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France (45.650002, 0.160000)
- Boulogne-sur-Mer, Hauts-de-France, France (50.726398, 1.614700)
- Rosny-sous-Bois, Île-de-France, France (48.866699, 2.483300)
- Cayenne, French Guiana, France (4.937200, -52.326000)
- Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine, France (48.904400, 2.306400)
- Antony, Hauts-de-Seine, France (48.753899, 2.297500)
- Valence, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France (44.933300, 4.891700)
- Levallois-Perret, Île-de-France, France (48.895000, 2.287200)
- Issy-les-Moulineaux, Île-de-France, France (48.823898, 2.270000)
- Bourges, Centre-Val de Loire, France (47.084400, 2.396400)