Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 30.760618, 76.765388.
Panjab University is an old public university and a large higher educational establishment located in Sector 14, one of the districts of Chandigarh city, in the northern region of India. It is one of the oldest universities in the state, established at the end of the 19th century. It is a highly respected educational institution and is a university ranked by European educational agencies as the 32nd Higher Educational Establishment on the Asian continent. The total number of students of Panjab University is estimated to be close to 18.5 thousand people, and the number of its academic staff is close to one thousand people. In total, the university has 78 departments and 10 special research centers, and there are campuses in Hoshiarpur, Ludhiana, and other cities.
Panjab University has a very interesting history, and it includes a split of the university between two neighboring countries, India and Pakistan. It happened in the middle of the last century, during the years when India has been fighting for receiving its independence and started its history as an independent state. In modern days, the principal campus of the university is situated in the northern neighborhood of the city of Chandigarh. Just like most of the best university campuses around the world, Panjab university campus is known for its modern facilities for sports, recreation, culture, development, health care, environment protection, information technology, and so on. The campus also offers a variety of accommodation facilities for the students of the university.
Where is Panjab University, Chandigarh, India on Map?
Road map of Panjab University, Chandigarh, India shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Panjab University, Chandigarh, India Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Panjab University, Chandigarh, India is 30.760618, and the longitude is 76.765388. Panjab University, Chandigarh, India is located at India country in the Universities place category with the gps coordinates of 30° 45' 38.2248'' N and 76° 45' 55.3968'' E.
Panjab University, Chandigarh, India Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||30° 45' 38.2248'' N|
|DMS Long||76° 45' 55.3968'' E|
Coordinates of Panjab University, Chandigarh, India is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Universities in India
Also check out these related Universities.
- Chitkara University, Rajpura, Punjab, India (30.516459, 76.659210)
- Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India (26.491150, 80.307251)
- Palamuru University, Mahbubnagar, Telangana, India (16.720739, 77.981720)
- NMIMS University Main Campus, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India (19.103088, 72.836349)
- Pune University, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra, India (18.554499, 73.825729)
- Department of Management Studies, Katol, Maharashtra, India (21.275879, 78.581512)
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi, Delhi, India (28.540707, 77.182274)
- Banaras Hindu University Campus, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India (25.267878, 82.990494)
- Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India (11.039022, 76.876419)
- ICFAI, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India (30.336212, 78.053246)