Port of Boston, MA, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 42.364506, -71.038887.
The Port of Boston is a large port and a transportation hub located in Boston, Massachusetts. The port is considered to be one of the largest and the principal ones of the United States of America on the Atlantic coast connecting the country with a large number of destinations around the globe. The facility can be found in the historic center of the city, in the district known as Long Wharf. It is a purely governmental facility operated by Massachusetts Port Authority. The total area of the port is estimated to be about 200 hectares and it includes a number of terminals including the ones for cargo, passengers, as well as special cruise ship terminals. The average depth of the port is calculated to be approximately 40-42 feet.
The facility was established in the middle of the last century and played a role in the expansion and great development of the city of Boston. It assisted the city to become a center of business, commerce, logistics, and tourism. The current capacity of the Port of Boston cargo section is 8,790,000 metric tones of cargo per year. Currently, the port includes 6 large piers, Boston Fish Pier, Windmill Pier, Commonwealth Pier, Fun Pier, Piers Park, and Piers Park Sailing Center. As it becomes apparent from the names, all piers serve for special kinds of purposes. The Port of Boston is a very popular destination for cruise ships and plenty of those, even the ones coming from China and other countries of the Asian continent, take a stop in the port and let their passengers enjoy a walk in the city.
Where is Port of Boston, MA, USA on Map?
Road map of Port of Boston, MA, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Port of Boston, MA, USA
Port of Boston, MA, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Port of Boston, MA, USA is 42.364506, and the longitude is -71.038887. Port of Boston, MA, USA is located at United States country in the Ports place category with the gps coordinates of 42° 21' 52.2216'' N and 71° 2' 19.9932'' W.
Port of Boston, MA, USA Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||42° 21' 52.2216'' N|
|DMS Long||71° 2' 19.9932'' W|
Coordinates of Port of Boston, MA, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Ports in United States
Also check out these related Ports.
- South Street Seaport, New York City, NY, USA (40.706322, -74.002640)
- Seattle Smith Cove Cruise Terminal 91, Seattle, WA, USA (47.633301, -122.379654)
- Port Canaveral, Cape Canaveral, FL, USA (28.410351, -80.618813)
- Port NOLA Cruise Ship Terminal, New Orleans, LA, USA (29.944532, -90.061790)
- Port Miami Cruise Terminal, Miami, FL, USA (25.778803, -80.177994)
- Port Tampa Bay Cruise Ship Terminal, Tampa, FL, USA (27.945423, -82.444099)
- Vancouver Cruise Ship Terminal, Vancouver, BC, Canada, USA (49.288826, -123.111122)
- Long Beach Cruise Terminal, Long Beach, CA, USA (33.751305, -118.188812)
- Jaxport Cruise Terminal, Jacksonville, FL, USA (30.407150, -81.579475)
- Port Everglades Cruise Ship Terminal, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA (26.085421, -80.117775)