Rennes, Brittany, France
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 48.114700, -1.679400.
Rennes is a large old city and the capital of the province of Brittany, situated in the westernmost part of France. The city is beautiful and very old, established about 2,000 years ago as a small village of fishermen named Condate. With the introduction of Christianity in the 5th century AD, the city became a small religious and cultural spot, and during the early Middle Ages it used to be a part of the independent states rued by the local emperors. Today's Rennes is quite a large community with plenty of examples of interesting old architecture, including administrative buildings like the City Hall and religious buildings like the local cathedrals and basilicas. Rennes is a transportation hub as well as a center of agriculture, automobile industry, telecommunication and IT technologies, etc.
Where is Rennes, Brittany, France on Map?
Road map of Rennes, Brittany, France shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Rennes, Brittany, France
Rennes, Brittany, France Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Rennes, Brittany, France is 48.114700, and the longitude is -1.679400. Rennes, Brittany, France is located at France country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 48° 6' 52.9200'' N and 1° 40' 45.8400'' W.
|DMS Lat||48° 6' 52.9200'' N|
|DMS Long||1° 40' 45.8400'' W|
Coordinates of Rennes, Brittany, France is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in France
Also check out these related Cities.
- Angoulême, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France (45.650002, 0.160000)
- Boulogne-sur-Mer, Hauts-de-France, France (50.726398, 1.614700)
- Rosny-sous-Bois, Île-de-France, France (48.866699, 2.483300)
- Cayenne, French Guiana, France (4.937200, -52.326000)
- Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine, France (48.904400, 2.306400)
- Antony, Hauts-de-Seine, France (48.753899, 2.297500)
- Valence, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France (44.933300, 4.891700)
- Levallois-Perret, Île-de-France, France (48.895000, 2.287200)
- Issy-les-Moulineaux, Île-de-France, France (48.823898, 2.270000)
- Bourges, Centre-Val de Loire, France (47.084400, 2.396400)