Alençon, Normandy, France
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 48.430599, 0.093100.
A small community of Alençon can be found in the north western part of France, in the region of Normandy. The first documents mentioning the settlement there are dated back by the 7th century AD, so it seems that the town was established during the late times of the Roman Empire. Centuries later the town became the capital of a few local kingdoms and states, and in the late Middle Ages in became a part of French state. Alençon is a traditionally farming community famous for its cotton and textile production. There are many landmarks and attractions of the modern day's Alençon. The city hall and the main cathedral of the town are beautiful. Château des Ducs and La Halle aux Blé are other interesting buildings, to name a few.
Map of Alençon, Normandy, France
Alençon, Normandy, France Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Alençon, Normandy, France is 48.430599, and the longitude is 0.093100. Alençon, Normandy, France is located at France country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 48° 25' 50.1564'' N and 0° 5' 35.1600'' E.
Alençon, Normandy, France Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||48° 25' 50.1564'' N|
|DMS Long||0° 5' 35.1600'' E|
Coordinates of Alençon, Normandy, France is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in France
Also check out these related Towns.
- Dole, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, France (47.093102, 5.490600)
- Sèvres, Île-de-France, France (48.823898, 2.211700)
- Épernay, Grand Est, France (49.040298, 3.960000)
- Cormeilles-en-Parisis, Île-de-France, France (48.973900, 2.201400)
- Villeneuve-sur-Lot, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France (44.408100, 0.705000)
- Montgeron, Île-de-France, France (48.703899, 2.460500)
- Maisons-Laffitte, Île-de-France, France (48.946899, 2.145600)
- Torcy, Seine-et-Marne, Île-de-France, France (48.850201, 2.650800)
- Saint-Ouen-l'Aumône, Île-de-France, France (49.044701, 2.111100)
- Rodez, Occitanie, France (44.350601, 2.575000)