Chiang Mai, Thailand
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 18.796143, 98.979263.
Chiang Mai (เชียงใหม่, "New City" in Thai) is the largest city, and the capital of Chiang Mai Province, located on the Ping River, northern Thailand. It was founded in 1296 and is considered by many to be the cultural capital of the country. The residents speak Northern Thai. English, Japanese, and Chinese are mainly used for tourism or business. Chiang Mai is home to the Northern Technical Institute, Chiang Mai University, American Pacific International School, and the Maejo Institute of Agricultural Technology. Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital is the largest medical institution in the city. Chiang Mai International Airport serves the city and is located about 3 miles from downtown Chiang Mai.
The city is famous for Thai handicrafts like wood carving and silverwork, as well as its numerous temples, museums, parks, cultural events, annual festivals like Loi Krathong and Songkran, which attract plenty of tourists every year. Attractions and landmarks in the city include Wat Chiang Man, Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wat Phra Singh, Wat Ku Tao, Wiang Kum Kam, Wat Chet Yot, Wat Suan Dok, Chiang Mai National Museum, Highland People Discovery Museum, Bank of Thailand Museum, Doi Inthanon National Park, Pha Daeng National Park, Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden, and many more.
Where is Chiang Mai, Thailand on Map?
Road map of Chiang Mai, Thailand shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Chiang Mai, Thailand
Chiang Mai, Thailand Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Chiang Mai, Thailand is 18.796143, and the longitude is 98.979263. Chiang Mai, Thailand is located at Thailand country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 18° 47' 46.1148'' N and 98° 58' 45.3468'' E.
|DMS Lat||18° 47' 46.1148'' N|
|DMS Long||98° 58' 45.3468'' E|
Coordinates of Chiang Mai, Thailand is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Thailand
Also check out these related Cities.
- Phuket, Thailand (7.878978, 98.398392)
- Nonthaburi, Nonthaburi Province, Thailand (13.859108, 100.521652)
- Nong Khai, Isaan, Thailand (17.878281, 102.741264)
- Yasothon, Thailand (15.792641, 104.145287)
- Nakhon Pathom, Mueang Nakhon Pathom District, Thailand (13.814029, 100.037292)
- Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand (18.793867, 98.997116)
- Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand (14.979900, 102.097771)
- Hai Ya, Chiang Mai City, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand (18.772558, 98.982361)
- Khon Kaen, Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen, Thailand (16.439625, 102.828728)
- Chon Buri, Thailand (13.361143, 100.984673)