Kassel, Hesse, Germany
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.312801, 9.481544.
Kassel is a small historic city located in the province of Hesse in the very central part of Germany. The name of the city is most likely taking origins from the word 'castle', and the old historic castle located in the downtown is dated back to the Ancient Roman times. There are about 200,000 people living in the city, and today it is a center of industry and tourism. In the times of the World War II, the city has suffered a serious damage, but still some old parks and buildings were preserved or reconstructed. Local attractions include the cascades and Hercules Monument, a few art galleries and museums, as well as Staatspark Karlsaue, an old public park.
Map of Kassel, Hesse, Germany
Kassel, Hesse, Germany Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Kassel, Hesse, Germany is 51.312801, and the longitude is 9.481544. Kassel, Hesse, Germany is located at Germany country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 18' 46.0836'' N and 9° 28' 53.5584'' E.
Kassel, Hesse, Germany Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||51° 18' 46.0836'' N|
|DMS Long||9° 28' 53.5584'' E|
Coordinates of Kassel, Hesse, Germany is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Germany
Also check out these related Cities.
- Cottbus, Brandenburg, Germany (51.756310, 14.332868)
- Freiburg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany (47.997791, 7.842609)
- Oranienburg, Brandenburg, Germany (52.753727, 13.236681)
- Grimma, Saxony, Germany (51.236443, 12.720231)
- Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany (48.521637, 9.057645)
- Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany (49.992863, 8.247253)
- Münster, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (51.961563, 7.628202)
- Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (50.933594, 6.961899)
- Dresden, Germany (51.050407, 13.737262)
- Kassel, Hesse, Germany (51.312801, 9.481544)