Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 38.889248, -77.050636.
The Lincoln Memorial is a national memorial built in Washington DC to commemorate the life and the deeds of the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln, who was in office in the early 1860s. The monument is located in the central part of the capital city, and it is the westernmost part of a large green area in the city where plenty of monuments and notable buildings are situated. You can approach the memorial from the east side, passing by the Washington Monument. Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Martin Luther King Junior Memorial, World War II Veterans Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, and a few other landmarks of the city are located nearby.
The Lincoln Memorial was built in the first years of the 1920s and the architect of the memorial, Henry Bacon, was inspired by ancient Greek architecture when designing this memorial. The memorial building is 190 feet long, 119 feet wide and has 36 columns in its front part. It is famous both for its exterior and interior design, with a known statue of Abraham Lincoln sitting in an armchair located in the main hall of the building. The Lincoln Monument is one of the must-see places for all the visitors of Washington DC.
Where is Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA on Map?
Road map of Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA
Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA is 38.889248, and the longitude is -77.050636. Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA is located at United States country in the Monuments place category with the gps coordinates of 38° 53' 21.2928'' N and 77° 3' 2.2896'' W.
|DMS Lat||38° 53' 21.2928'' N|
|DMS Long||77° 3' 2.2896'' W|
Coordinates of Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Monuments in United States
Also check out these related Monuments.
- The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, VA, USA (38.876354, -77.072296)
- Castle Clinton National Monument, NY, USA (40.703636, -74.017288)
- Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, Hawaii, the US (25.700001, -171.733337)
- Crazy Cook Monument, Hachita, NM, USA (31.496918, -108.208885)
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, Ajo, AZ, USA (32.089806, -112.905861)
- Pipe Spring National Monument, Fredonia, AZ, USA (36.863136, -112.739746)
- Wupatki National Monument, Flagstaff, AZ, USA (35.547932, -111.392220)
- Chiricahua National Monument, Willcox, AZ, USA (32.014088, -109.342369)
- Russell Cave National Monument, Bridgeport, AL, USA (34.976562, -85.814552)
- Delicate Arch, Arches National Park, Utah, USA (38.743629, -109.499313)