San Francisco International Airport (SFO), USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 37.615223, -122.389977.
One of the busiest and the largest airports in the Pacific region of the United States of America, San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is located about 15 miles south of the city center of San Francisco, in the northwestern part of California. The airport was built in 1927 near one of the neighborhoods of the city, the town of San Bruno, located in San Mateo county. The airport can be found just about 12 miles away from the downtown area of San Francisco and it has been serving as the key international transport hub for many decades. The total area of the airport is about 5.2 acres and SFO is the largest airfield in the Bay Area, as well as the second largest airport in the state of California after Los Angeles International Airport.
San Francisco International Airport is situated on the western coast of San Francisco Bay and is quite large for a coastal airport. It has four terminals of which three are domestic and one is serving to the passengers who are traveling abroad. Some of the terminals have 2 boarding areas, so the total number of those is actually seven. Three domestic terminals, T1, T2 and T3 are connected with each other by bridges and corridors, but the international terminal T4, which also handles some domestic flights as well, can be reached by walking outside. There are 4 runways in the airport, two of those are about 8 thousand feet long and the other two are about 11.5 thousand feet long. San Francisco International Airport connects the city and the whole region with over 120 cities of Europe, Asia, North America and South America.
Where is San Francisco International Airport (SFO), USA on Map?
Road map of San Francisco International Airport (SFO), USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of San Francisco International Airport (SFO), USA
San Francisco International Airport (SFO), USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of San Francisco International Airport (SFO), USA is 37.615223, and the longitude is -122.389977. San Francisco International Airport (SFO), USA is located at United States country in the Airports place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 36' 54.8028'' N and 122° 23' 23.9172'' W.
|DMS Lat||37° 36' 54.8028'' N|
|DMS Long||122° 23' 23.9172'' W|
Coordinates of San Francisco International Airport (SFO), USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Airports in United States
Also check out these related Airports.
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH, USA (39.819527, -84.067406)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport, NY, USA (40.641766, -73.780968)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, Charlotte, NC, USA (35.213890, -80.943054)
- O’Hare International Airport, Chicago, IL, USA (41.978611, -87.904724)
- Tucson International Airport, Tuscon, Arizona, US (32.116112, -110.941109)
- Candy Kitchen Ranch Airport, Ramah, NM, USA (34.903271, -108.514519)
- Canandaigua Airport - KIUA, Canandaigua, NY, USA (42.907768, -77.318970)
- Asheville Regional Airport, Fletcher, NC, USA (35.436077, -82.541298)
- Dallas Love Field Airport, Dallas, TX, USA (32.848152, -96.851349)
- Fly Bart's, East Moriches, NY, the USA (40.822773, -72.748634)