The Duomo of Milan, Italy
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 45.464211, 9.191383.
The world's fifth largest cathedral church and the largest one in modern day's Italy, the Gothic cathedral named the Duomo (the Cathedral of Milan) is the place which attracts thousands of tourists every day. The cathedral is located in the very central part of the city, on the same name square (Piazza del Duomo), and is known as one of the most famous and most visited landmarks of the whole country. This amazing building has a few centuries of its construction history: the first stone was laid at the end of the 14th century, and the final opening took place at the beginning of the 20th century. The building is about 65 meters high, but if counted together with the outer details of its dome, the cathedral is over 100 meters high, which is over 350 feet high.
The cathedral is built from amazing white Candoglia marble and there is historical evidence showing that the famous Leonardo da Vinci took part in designing certain parts of the cathedral. The total capacity of the Duomo is estimated to be close to 40 thousand people and the cathedral is operating, so it is possible to join a mass there on a regular basis. The Duomo is dedicated to the Nativity of Saint Mary and is currently the principal cathedral of the Archbishop of the region. There is a famous observation area on the roof of the cathedral which is popular with tourists and offers wonderful views to the buildings and areas located in the neighborhood. The observation area is decorated with columns and statues built in the 19th century.
Where is The Duomo of Milan, Italy on Map?
Road map of The Duomo of Milan, Italy shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of The Duomo of Milan, Italy
The Duomo of Milan, Italy Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of The Duomo of Milan, Italy is 45.464211, and the longitude is 9.191383. The Duomo of Milan, Italy is located at Italy country in the Cathedrals place category with the gps coordinates of 45° 27' 51.1596'' N and 9° 11' 28.9788'' E.
The Duomo of Milan, Italy Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||45° 27' 51.1596'' N|
|DMS Long||9° 11' 28.9788'' E|
Coordinates of The Duomo of Milan, Italy is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cathedrals in Italy
Also check out these related Cathedrals.
- Santuario della Madonna della Bocciola, Italy (45.794899, 8.427600)
- Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Rome, Italy (41.897598, 12.498408)
- Castel Sant'Angelo, Rome, RM, Italy (41.903065, 12.466276)
- Siena Cathedral, Siena, SI, Italy (43.317703, 11.328907)
- Sant'Andrea della Valle, Roma, Italy (41.896217, 12.474348)
- Modena Cathedral, Modena, MO, Italy (44.646305, 10.925517)
- New Cathedral, Brescia, BS, Italy (45.538647, 10.221841)
- Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, Piazza del Duomo, Italy (43.773251, 11.255474)
- Pavia Cathedral, Pavia, Italy (45.184700, 9.153328)
- Alessandria Cathedral, Italy (44.912262, 8.618954)