The Royal Observatory Greenwich, London, UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.476852, -0.000500.
The Royal Observatory in Greenwich is an old historic observatory which played a role in the world's history and the development of the world's science. It is located at Blackheath Avenue, London, the United Kingdom. The facility can be found on a small hill in the middle of Greenwich Park and it is an operating scientific facility provided with modern technology. Both the observatory and the park offer wonderful scenic views to the surrounding. The building of the observatory is beautiful, made of dark red and white bricks. There is a small planetarium, Peter Harrison Planetarium, which can be found just near the observatory.
The Royal Observatory was established in the middle of the 17th century by King Charles, and for its long history there were many famous scientists who worked in this observatory and made important discoveries. There are a small museum and a scientific room in the observatory where it is possible to get to know more about the scientists who used the observatory as their workplace. The park creates a beautiful atmosphere and has a great location in the eastern part of the city, Greenwich. The landmarks like Greenwich Prime Meridian Sign, Greenwich Mean Time clock, Greenwich Time Ball, and others are located nearby. There are also other landmarks in the park like Queen Elizabeth II Oak, a small theater, and so on.
Where is The Royal Observatory Greenwich, London, UK on Map?
Road map of The Royal Observatory Greenwich, London, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of The Royal Observatory Greenwich, London, UK
The Royal Observatory Greenwich, London, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of The Royal Observatory Greenwich, London, UK is 51.476852, and the longitude is -0.000500. The Royal Observatory Greenwich, London, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Notable Buildings place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 28' 36.6672'' N and 0° 0' 1.8000'' W.
|DMS Lat||51° 28' 36.6672'' N|
|DMS Long||0° 0' 1.8000'' W|
Coordinates of The Royal Observatory Greenwich, London, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Notable Buildings in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Notable Buildings.
- Clarence House, London, England, the UK (51.504002, -0.138500)
- Prime Meridian (Greenwich) (51.477928, -0.001545)
- Sky Garden, London, the UK (51.511177, -0.083094)
- County Hall, London, the UK (51.501945, -0.118889)
- Edinburgh Festival Wheel, Edinburgh, Scotland, the UK (55.950050, -3.202994)
- Lloyds Building, London, the UK (51.513058, -0.082361)
- The Shard, London, the UK (51.504501, -0.086500)
- Cardiff Bay Yacht Club, Cardiff, Wales, the UK (51.448265, -3.175035)
- The Royal Albert Hall, Kensington, London, UK (51.500942, -0.177498)
- Town Hall, Biddulph, Staffordshire, UK (53.116688, -2.175320)