Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 36.938889, 31.172222.
Aspendos is an old Greek city and currently an important landmark and tourist attraction situated near the town of Serik in Antalya Province, southern Turkey. The city of Aspendos was established in the 7th - 8th century BC. It was developing as a commercial, cultural, and education center of the region, situated just a few miles away from the seashore. In the beginning of our epoch, the city fell under the reign of Persians, and further - the Roman Empire. The city lived a decline in the early Medieval times and eventually became abandoned. In modern times, there are a few ruins can be observed in the region. Those include the ruins of the city's aqueducts, as well as the old amphitheater, which is used as the venue for numerous concerts, performances, and other events.
Where is Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey on Map?
Road map of Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey
Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey is 36.938889, and the longitude is 31.172222. Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey is located at Turkey country in the Historical Sites place category with the gps coordinates of 36° 56' 20.0004'' N and 31° 10' 19.9992'' E.
|DMS Lat||36° 56' 20.0004'' N|
|DMS Long||31° 10' 19.9992'' E|
Coordinates of Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Historical Sites in Turkey
Also check out these related Historical Sites.
- Goreme Fairy Chimneys, Cappadocia, Nevshehir Province, Turkey (38.658333, 34.853611)
- Pergamon, Izmir, Turkey (39.132500, 27.184168)
- Aspendos, Antalya, Turkey (36.938889, 31.172222)
- Ephesus, Izmir, Turkey (37.941113, 27.341944)
- Olimpos, Antalya, Turkey (36.396667, 30.473057)
- Rumkale Fortress, Gaziantep, Turkey (37.270779, 37.837917)
- Cappadocia, Nevsehir, Turkey (38.640388, 34.846306)
- Pamukkale Amphi Theatre, Denizli, Turkey (37.926807, 29.129175)