Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 36.938889, 31.172222.
Aspendos is an old Greek city and currently an important landmark and tourist attraction situated near the town of Serik in Antalya Province, southern Turkey. The city of Aspendos was established in the 7th - 8th century BC. It was developing as a commercial, cultural, and education center of the region, situated just a few miles away from the seashore. In the beginning of our epoch, the city fell under the reign of Persians, and further - the Roman Empire. The city lived a decline in the early Medieval times and eventually became abandoned. In modern times, there are a few ruins can be observed in the region. Those include the ruins of the city's aqueducts, as well as the old amphitheater, which is used as the venue for numerous concerts, performances, and other events.
Map of Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey
Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey is 36.938889, and the longitude is 31.172222. Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey is located at Turkey country in the Historical Sites place category with the gps coordinates of 36° 56' 20.0004'' N and 31° 10' 19.9992'' E.
Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||36° 56' 20.0004'' N|
|DMS Long||31° 10' 19.9992'' E|
Coordinates of Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Historical Sites in Turkey
Also check out these related Historical Sites.
- Goreme Fairy Chimneys, Cappadocia, Nevshehir Province, Turkey (38.658333, 34.853611)
- Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey (39.132500, 27.184168)
- Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey (36.938889, 31.172222)
- Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey (37.941113, 27.341944)
- Olimpos, Kumluca, Antalya, Turkey (36.396667, 30.473057)
- Rumkale Fortress, Kasaba, Gaziantep Province, Turkey (37.270779, 37.837917)
- Cappadocia, Nevsehir, Turkey (38.640388, 34.846306)
- Pamukkale Amphi Theatre, Pamukkale, Denizli Province, Turkey (37.926807, 29.129175)