Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -6.914744, 107.609810.
Bandung is a large city and the capital of West Java, a province of Indonesia. It is located in the very central part of the province and is one of the largest cities in the whole country, just like Jakarta, Surabaya, and a few others. Bandung is also one of the most known cities in Indonesia, the center of the country's culture, social life, education, and commerce. Since Bandung is located only about 90 miles away from Jakarta, it is possible to say that the two large cities are heavily interconnected and have similar cultures of urban life. The climate of the area is severely subtropical, but the city of Bandung can be characterized by having less hot and less humid summer time compared to the climatic conditions of the other large and small cities and towns located close to the waters of the ocean.
It is believed that the first settlement was established at the place of modern-day's Bandung by a group of settlers from Europe, supposedly Denmark and the Netherlands. The first thing the settlers started doing was establishing small farms where they began growing tea and other cultures. The country received its independence only in the middle of the 20th century and since then it has been developing as an independent and powerful state. Since those times, the city of Bandung has turned into a modern urban area, with many tall skyscrapers, and up-to-date facilities for education, health care, sports, outdoor activities, entertainment, and social life. Bandung has the status of a Smart city as a city that is open to modern smart technologies and all kinds of technological progress.
Where is Bandung, West Java, Indonesia on Map?
Road map of Bandung, West Java, Indonesia shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Bandung, West Java, Indonesia is -6.914744, and the longitude is 107.609810. Bandung, West Java, Indonesia is located at Indonesia country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 6° 54' 53.0784'' S and 107° 36' 35.3160'' E.
|DMS Lat||6° 54' 53.0784'' S|
|DMS Long||107° 36' 35.3160'' E|
Coordinates of Bandung, West Java, Indonesia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Indonesia
Also check out these related Cities.
- Jakarta, Indonesia (-6.200000, 106.816666)
- Pamekasan, Pamekasan Regency, East Jawa, Indonesia (-7.161367, 113.482498)
- Banda Aceh, Banda Aceh City, Aceh, Indonesia (5.548290, 95.323753)
- Ambon, Ambon Island, Maluku, Indonesia (-3.654703, 128.190643)
- Palopo, Wara, South Sulawesi, Indonesia (-2.994494, 120.195465)
- Soreang, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (-7.025253, 107.519760)
- Dumai, Dumai Province, Riau, Indonesia (1.694394, 101.445007)
- Pematang Siantar City, North Sumatra, Indonesia (2.970042, 99.068169)
- Banjarsari, Surakarta City, Central Java, Indonesia (-7.550676, 110.828316)
- Lhoksukon, Aceh Utara, Aceh, Indonesia (5.051701, 97.318123)
No comments written yet.