Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -6.200000, 106.816666.
Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia, situated and administered as the Special Capital City of Jakarta, Indonesia. The city of Jakarta is the largest city in the country, has an area of 270.1 sq miles. It is also the second-largest in the world after Tokyo. It is a center of all parts of the life of the population of Indonesia, as well as an alpha city, with a multi-national community. It is a key business, transportation, and tourist spot on the continent. The residents of the city speak Indonesian, as well as Dutch, Chinese, and English. The city hosts many festivals every year such as Jakarta International Film Festival (JiFFest), Indonesia International Book Fair (IIBF), Djakarta Warehouse Project, Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival (JJF), etc. Jakarta is home to The University of Indonesia (UI) that is one of the oldest universities in Indonesia, as well as the most prestigious university of the country.
Advanced infrastructure, vivid cultural and social life, combined with great location and the wonderful climate attract a large number of tourists from all around the world. The main landmarks of the city include Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta Cathedral, Kim Tek Ie, Jakarta Old Town, National Monument (Monas), Grand Indonesia Mall, National Museum, the Taman Prasasti Museum, Museum MACAN, Jakarta History Museum, the Maritime Museum, Wayang Museum, the Fine Art and Ceramic Museum, Museum Bank Indonesia, Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park, Thousand Islands, Central Park, Suropati Park, The Merdeka Palace, Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Merdeka Square, Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Jakarta Old City Post Office, and many more. Soekarno–Hatta International Airport is the main airport serving the city located at Benda, Tangerang.
Where is Jakarta, Indonesia on Map?
Road map of Jakarta, Indonesia shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Jakarta, Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Jakarta, Indonesia is -6.200000, and the longitude is 106.816666. Jakarta, Indonesia is located at Indonesia country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 6° 12' 0.0000'' S and 106° 48' 59.9976'' E.
Jakarta, Indonesia Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||6° 12' 0.0000'' S|
|DMS Long||106° 48' 59.9976'' E|
Coordinates of Jakarta, Indonesia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Indonesia
Also check out these related Cities.
- Jakarta, Indonesia (-6.200000, 106.816666)
- Pamekasan, Pamekasan Regency, East Jawa, Indonesia (-7.161367, 113.482498)
- Banda Aceh, Banda Aceh City, Aceh, Indonesia (5.548290, 95.323753)
- Ambon, Ambon Island, Maluku, Indonesia (-3.654703, 128.190643)
- Palopo, Wara, South Sulawesi, Indonesia (-2.994494, 120.195465)
- Soreang, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (-7.025253, 107.519760)
- Dumai, Dumai Province, Riau, Indonesia (1.694394, 101.445007)
- Pematang Siantar City, North Sumatra, Indonesia (2.970042, 99.068169)
- Banjarsari, Surakarta City, Central Java, Indonesia (-7.550676, 110.828316)
- Lhoksukon, Aceh Utara, Aceh, Indonesia (5.051701, 97.318123)