Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 41.890251, 12.492373.
Undoubtedly, the Colosseum is one of the main attractions and historic monuments of Rome, Italy, as well as one of the most popular tourist attractions and iconic arenas on the planet. It is an ancient Roman amphitheater constructed in the 80 AD (under the rule of Titus), made of stones and concrete. The full name of the landmark is The Flavian Amphitheater, and it is located right next to one more important landmark of the capital city, the Roman Forum. The Colosseum is considered to be among the most visited tourist attractions on the planet, with millions of tourists coming to see it on an annual basis. It offers guided tours.
Unfortunately, only the ruins of the landmark have been preserved until modern times. Due to numerous earthquakes and military campaigns, the building of the Colosseum could not be preserved totally until the modern day. However, it is an impressive monument and an example of something that was constructed for many centuries. The building was not always used as a venue for gladiatorial competitions, but also for various religious purposes, as well as a quarry or a fortress, and so on. The modern-day's Colosseum is under the protection of UNESCO as a World Heritage Site and is considered to be one of the 7 wonders of the world.
Where is Colosseum, Italy on Map?
Road map of Colosseum, Italy shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Colosseum, Italy
Colosseum, Italy Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Colosseum, Italy is 41.890251, and the longitude is 12.492373. Colosseum, Italy is located at Italy country in the Historical Sites place category with the gps coordinates of 41° 53' 24.9036'' N and 12° 29' 32.5428'' E.
|DMS Lat||41° 53' 24.9036'' N|
|DMS Long||12° 29' 32.5428'' E|
Coordinates of Colosseum, Italy is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Historical Sites in Italy
Also check out these related Historical Sites.
- Vulci, Montalto di Castro VT, Italy (42.424114, 11.631095)
- Baths of Caracalla, Rome, RM, Italy (41.879040, 12.492439)
- Hadrian's Villa, Tivoli, RM, Italy (41.942802, 12.774399)
- Circus Maximus, Rome, RM, Italy (41.886131, 12.485133)
- Spanish Steps, Rome, RM, Italy (41.905991, 12.482775)
- Pantheon, Rome, RM, Italy (41.898609, 12.476873)
- Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy (41.900932, 12.483313)
- Roman Forum, Rome, RM, Italy (41.892464, 12.485325)
- Coliseum, Rome, RM, Italy (41.890209, 12.492231)
- Colosseum, Italy (41.890251, 12.492373)