Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 37.941113, 27.341944.
Ephesus is an old city of the Ancient Greek Empire and a modern day's historical site situated near the town of Selcuk in Izmir Province, south western Turkey. Ephesus used to be a large and thriving city established in the 10th century BC and was flourishing for 8 centuries before becoming a part of the Roman Empire. However, in the 3rd century AD the city was substantially damaged by the barbarians from north, and substantially abandoned. Ephesus played an important role in the ancient history and is mentioned in many of historical documents. In our times, it is possible to see quite a lot of buildings of the city preserved not bad. The building of the city library, the city Gates, the baths and tombs, the ruins of the city aqueducts, and others are among the most popular landmarks of the historical site.
Map of Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey
Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey is 37.941113, and the longitude is 27.341944. Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey is located at Turkey country in the Historical Sites place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 56' 28.0068'' N and 27° 20' 30.9984'' E.
Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||37° 56' 28.0068'' N|
|DMS Long||27° 20' 30.9984'' E|
Coordinates of Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Historical Sites in Turkey
Also check out these related Historical Sites.
- Goreme Fairy Chimneys, Cappadocia, Nevshehir Province, Turkey (38.658333, 34.853611)
- Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey (39.132500, 27.184168)
- Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey (36.938889, 31.172222)
- Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey (37.941113, 27.341944)
- Olimpos, Kumluca, Antalya, Turkey (36.396667, 30.473057)
- Rumkale Fortress, Kasaba, Gaziantep Province, Turkey (37.270779, 37.837917)
- Cappadocia, Nevsehir, Turkey (38.640388, 34.846306)
- Pamukkale Amphi Theatre, Pamukkale, Denizli Province, Turkey (37.926807, 29.129175)