Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 39.132500, 27.184168.
Pergamon is a very famous historical site and the ruins of an old Greek city situated currently near the town of Bergama, which is in Izmir Province, south western Turkey. Located about 15 miles inland of the Aegean Sea shores, the city was established in about 5th or 4th century BC and shortly after became the capital city of the Pergamon Kingdom. During the 1st century AD there were Romans ruling the city, and in about the 8th century, during the Byzantine reign, the city gradually declined. Today, it is possible to see plenty of ruins of Pergamon located on a hill about 11 hundred feet above the sea level. Tourists visit the historical site to see the ruins of the city temples, tombs, amphitheaters, library, sanctuaries, and other buildings. Pergamon ruins are among the most visited landmarks of the province.
Map of Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey
Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey is 39.132500, and the longitude is 27.184168. Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey is located at Turkey country in the Historical Sites place category with the gps coordinates of 39° 7' 57.0000'' N and 27° 11' 3.0048'' E.
Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||39° 7' 57.0000'' N|
|DMS Long||27° 11' 3.0048'' E|
Coordinates of Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Historical Sites in Turkey
Also check out these related Historical Sites.
- Goreme Fairy Chimneys, Cappadocia, Nevshehir Province, Turkey (38.658333, 34.853611)
- Pergamon, Bergama, Izmir Province, Turkey (39.132500, 27.184168)
- Aspendos, Serik, Antalya Province, Turkey (36.938889, 31.172222)
- Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkey (37.941113, 27.341944)
- Olimpos, Kumluca, Antalya, Turkey (36.396667, 30.473057)
- Rumkale Fortress, Kasaba, Gaziantep Province, Turkey (37.270779, 37.837917)
- Cappadocia, Nevsehir, Turkey (38.640388, 34.846306)
- Pamukkale Amphi Theatre, Pamukkale, Denizli Province, Turkey (37.926807, 29.129175)