Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -12.974722, -38.476665.
Salvador is one of the largest and the most beautiful coastal cities in Brazil, situated in the eastern part of the country, in the state of Bahia. It was established in the middle of the 16th century by a bunch of Portuguese discoverers right on the shores of the Atlantic ocean and served as the capital city of the country. Salvador is a very important cultural and social life center of the country, with plenty of examples of old style European architecture, a lot of theaters, museums, galleries, libraries, great restaurants, public halls and other venues for various cultural events. Salvador is also known for its beaches, hotels, great infrastructure, and friendly people. The number of residents of the city is estimated to be close to 2.85 million people.
Map of Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Salvador, Bahia, Brazil is -12.974722, and the longitude is -38.476665. Salvador, Bahia, Brazil is located at Brazil country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 12° 58' 28.9992'' S and 38° 28' 35.9940'' W.
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||12° 58' 28.9992'' S|
|DMS Long||38° 28' 35.9940'' W|
Coordinates of Salvador, Bahia, Brazil is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Brazil
Also check out these related Cities.
- Paracatu, Minas Gerais, Brazil (-17.221666, -46.875000)
- Oriximiná, Pará, Brazil (-1.765833, -55.865833)
- Belem, Para, Brazil (-1.455833, -48.503887)
- Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Soul, Brazil (-30.033056, -51.230000)
- Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil (-8.050000, -34.900002)
- Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (-12.974722, -38.476665)
- Brasilia, the Federal Capital Area, Brazil (-15.793889, -47.882778)
- Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil (-22.908333, -43.196388)
- Campo Grande, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil (-22.900925, -43.556404)
- Valença, State of Bahia, Brazil (-13.369044, -39.071644)