Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -33.459229, -70.645348.
Santiago (or Santiago de Chile) is one of the most beautiful cities that can be found in South America. Santiago is the capital and the largest city of Chile which is a coastal country located in the southwestern part of the continent. Santiago is an inland city built in a picturesque valley in the highlands of the Andes. The distance from Santiago to the coastal part of the country is about 45 miles, and the coastal city of Valparaiso is situated about 55 miles northwest of the capital city. The area of Santiago is approximately 250 square miles which makes the metropolitan part of Santiago pretty large. The average elevation of the city is estimated to be approximately 19-20 hundred feet above sea level.
The city is very old and is considered to be one of the most spectacular capital cities of the continent. Santiago is the administrative and cultural center of the region. Located in a beautiful valley, the city offers a huge number of great points of interest and events to get involved in, so it can be a great vacation destination for everyone, regardless of one's personal preferences and budget. The city's wonderful setting can be characterized by amazingly beautiful mountain peaks surrounding Santiago. Those are the mountains of the Southern Andes located to the east of the city and the peaks of the Chilean Coastal Range which can be found to the west of the city area. Cordillera de la Costa, Cerro Cantillana, Cerro El Plomo, Cerro Colina, and Picos de Barroso are among the highest mountains in the neighborhood.
Where is Santiago, Chile on Map?
Road map of Santiago, Chile shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Santiago, Chile
Santiago, Chile Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Santiago, Chile is -33.459229, and the longitude is -70.645348. Santiago, Chile is located at Chile country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 33° 27' 33.2244'' S and 70° 38' 43.2528'' W.
|DMS Lat||33° 27' 33.2244'' S|
|DMS Long||70° 38' 43.2528'' W|
Coordinates of Santiago, Chile is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Chile
Also check out these related Cities.
- Valparaíso, Valparaiso Region, Chile (-33.047237, -71.612686)
- Viña del Mar, Valparaiso Region, Chile (-33.015347, -71.550026)
- Rancagua, O'Higgins Region, Chile (-34.170132, -70.740623)
- Iquique, Tarapacá Region, Chile (-20.216700, -70.142220)
- Calama, Antofagasta Region, Chile (-22.453712, -68.925308)
- Antofagasta, Antofagasta Region, Chile (-23.650000, -70.400002)
- San Felipe, Chile (-32.747147, -70.726204)
- Valdivia, Los Ríos Region, Chile (-39.820141, -73.247223)
- Valdivia, Los Ríos Region, Chile (-39.819588, -73.245209)
- Osorno, Los Lagos Region, Chile (-40.574505, -73.131920)
No comments written yet.