Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 47.331417, 9.408623.
Appenzell is a small town in northern Switzerland situated high in the Alps, quite close to the border with Liechtenstein. The town is beautiful and is surrounded by three quite tall peaks of the mountain chain there. There are about 6 thousand people living in the town, and it has been inhabited since the Middle Ages. It was a part of the Swiss Confederation and witnessed a number of historic events and historic battles. There is a large number of old buildings and very good accommodation options in Appensell so the town is usually filled up with tourists. Most of the local people are employed in services. Small local churches and cafes are especially popular with tourists. It is possible to reach Appenzell by train.
Where is Appenzell, Switzerland on Map?
Road map of Appenzell, Switzerland shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Appenzell, Switzerland
Appenzell, Switzerland Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Appenzell, Switzerland is 47.331417, and the longitude is 9.408623. Appenzell, Switzerland is located at Switzerland country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 47° 19' 53.1012'' N and 9° 24' 31.0428'' E.
|DMS Lat||47° 19' 53.1012'' N|
|DMS Long||9° 24' 31.0428'' E|
Coordinates of Appenzell, Switzerland is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in Switzerland
Also check out these related Towns.
- Davos, Switzerland (46.802128, 9.833477)
- Stans, Nidwald, Switzerland (46.950001, 8.350000)
- Lauterbrunnen, Bern, Switzerland (46.599998, 7.900000)
- Interlaken, Bern, Switzerland (46.683334, 7.850000)
- Appenzell, Switzerland (47.331417, 9.408623)
- Rueun, Switzerland (46.778877, 9.150267)
- Montreux, Switzerland (46.431221, 6.910680)
- Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland (47.226624, 8.818437)
- Neuenhof, Aargau, Switzerland (47.449406, 8.327495)
- Risch-Rotkreuz, Switzerland (47.142071, 8.432456)