Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.133110, -0.989063.
Jane Austen's House, also known as Chawton Cottage, is a 17th-century picturesque cottage where the notable author lived, wrote, and revised her novels. Opened in July 1949, the museum is located at Winchester Road, in the Hampshire village of Chawton, United Kingdom. Jane Austen, one of the most famous and beloved writers in literature, spent the last eight years of her life in this cottage. It has been also a Grade I listed building since the 1960s. It was in this cottage that Jane Austen wrote Mansfield Park, Emma, and Persuasion, as well as revised her other novels like Pride and Prejudice. The museum has a great collection including Austen's letters, furniture, music books, and three pieces of jewelry.
Where is Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK on Map?
Road map of Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK
Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK is 51.133110, and the longitude is -0.989063. Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Museums place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 7' 59.1960'' N and 0° 59' 20.6268'' W.
|DMS Lat||51° 7' 59.1960'' N|
|DMS Long||0° 59' 20.6268'' W|
Coordinates of Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Museums in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Museums.
- Jane Austen's House, Alton, UK (51.133110, -0.989063)
- The Sherlock Holmes Museum, London, UK (51.523788, -0.158611)
- Beamish, the Living Museum of the North, UK (54.881958, -1.659737)
- The National Gallery, London, UK (51.508972, -0.128794)
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Edinburgh, UK (55.950859, -3.227564)
- Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh, the UK (55.955418, -3.193583)
- Scottish National Gallery, Edinburg, Scotland, the UK (55.950901, -3.195661)
- National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh, the UK (55.946945, -3.190000)
- British Museum, London, the UK (51.518757, -0.126168)
- Victoria and Albert Museum, Knightsbridge, London, UK (51.496639, -0.172180)