Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 3.597031, 98.678513.
Medan is a beautiful city and the capital of North Sumatra province which can be found in the western part of Indonesia. Medan is situated in the north westernmost part of the province and it is built less than 10 miles away from the coastline of the Malacca Strait. With the total area exceeding 100 square miles, Medan and its metropolitan area are among the largest ones in Sumatra. The extreme elevation of the city does not exceed 40 feet meaning that Medan is located quite low. The city enjoys a beautiful setting and is surrounded by spectacular green hills from the southern and the southwestern sides. The city is built on the banks of two small rivers, the river of Babura and the river of Deli, which flow into the waters of the Malacca Strait.
The distance from Medan to Kuala Lumpur is about 210 miles and the distance between Medan and the capital city of the country Jakarta is close to 900 miles. The city of Singapore can be found 338 nautical miles east of Medan and can be easily reached by a marine vehicle. Medan is a large modern city with very advanced infrastructure and numerous places of interest including Great Mosque of Medan, Tirtanadi Tower, Maimun Palace, and many more. The largest neighborhoods of the city include a few towns and cities like Belawan, Binjai, Perbaungan, Lubuk Pakam, Tanjungmorawa, and a few others. Beautiful natural parks surrounding the neighboring mountains like Gunung Mugajah and Mount Bandahara are popular tourist destinations.
Where is Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia on Map?
Road map of Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia
Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia is 3.597031, and the longitude is 98.678513. Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia is located at Indonesia country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 3° 35' 49.3116'' N and 98° 40' 42.6468'' E.
|DMS Lat||3° 35' 49.3116'' N|
|DMS Long||98° 40' 42.6468'' E|
Coordinates of Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Indonesia
Also check out these related Cities.
- Jakarta, Indonesia (-6.200000, 106.816666)
- Pamekasan, Pamekasan Regency, East Jawa, Indonesia (-7.161367, 113.482498)
- Banda Aceh, Banda Aceh City, Aceh, Indonesia (5.548290, 95.323753)
- Ambon, Ambon Island, Maluku, Indonesia (-3.654703, 128.190643)
- Palopo, Wara, South Sulawesi, Indonesia (-2.994494, 120.195465)
- Soreang, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (-7.025253, 107.519760)
- Dumai, Dumai Province, Riau, Indonesia (1.694394, 101.445007)
- Pematang Siantar City, North Sumatra, Indonesia (2.970042, 99.068169)
- Banjarsari, Surakarta City, Central Java, Indonesia (-7.550676, 110.828316)
- Lhoksukon, Aceh Utara, Aceh, Indonesia (5.051701, 97.318123)
No comments written yet.