Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.406681, 30.046425.
Pripyat or Pryp’yat (При́п’ять in Ukraine) is an abandoned ghost town located near Ukraine–Belarus border, in northern Ukraine. It was founded on February 4, 1970, as a nuclear city to serve the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station that is situated 16.5 kilometers northwest of the city of Chernobyl. The Chernobyl Disaster occurred in 1986, at the No. 4 reactor in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. It was located in the neighborhood of Pripyat, 104 km north of the city of Kyiv. Acclaimed historical drama television mini-series "Chernobyl" produced by HBO depicts the 1986 nuclear accident.
Some historical places in the town include The Jupiter Factory, Pripyat Amusement Park, Swimming Pool Azure, Zavod Radiotekhniky, Kolyshniy Palats Kulʹtury Enerhetyk, Elementary School No. 5, Avtomaysternya, Kawiarnia "Prypeć", etc. Today, several Ukrainian companies offer tours to the Chernobyl zone and Pripyat. Pripyat was also used as a filming location in the movies like Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Chernobyl Diaries, Land of Oblivion, A Good Day to Die Hard, etc. In addition, some video games such as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series take place in Pripyat.
Where is Pripyat, Ukraine on Map?
Road map of Pripyat, Ukraine shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Pripyat, Ukraine
Pripyat, Ukraine Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Pripyat, Ukraine is 51.406681, and the longitude is 30.046425. Pripyat, Ukraine is located at Ukraine country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 24' 24.0516'' N and 30° 2' 47.1300'' E.
|DMS Lat||51° 24' 24.0516'' N|
|DMS Long||30° 2' 47.1300'' E|
Coordinates of Pripyat, Ukraine is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in Ukraine
Also check out these related Towns.
- Pripyat, Ukraine (51.406681, 30.046425)
- Bilhorod-Dnistrovs'kyi, Odessa Province, Ukraine (46.185452, 30.341492)
- Zatoka, Odesa Province, Ukraine (46.066254, 30.452837)
- Bakhchysarai, the Crimea, Ukraine (44.746090, 33.861565)
- Kremenets, Ternopil Province, Ukraine (50.107815, 25.727667)
- Bohodukhiv, Kharkiv Province, Ukraine (50.182175, 35.516052)
- Krasna Polyana, Donetsk Province, Ukraine (47.560902, 37.070015)
- Yahotyn, Kyiv Province, Ukraine (50.283272, 31.760954)
- Dubrovytsya, Rivne Province, Ukraine (51.570534, 26.565832)
- Man'kivka, Cherkas'ka Province, Ukraine (48.961666, 30.341944)