Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 37.865101, -119.538330.
Located on a wonderful setting in the highlands of the Sierra Nevada, Yosemite National Park is a part of the northern region of California that can be found in the south westernmost part of the United States of America. The total area of the park is exceeding 300 hectares, and the park was named after the common name of an old indigenous tribe living at the area. Very high rocky formations like Cathedral Peak, forests and small creeks, waterfalls like famous Vernal Fall or Bridalveil Fall, breathtaking fresh air, touchy voices of nature, limitless freedom for a human mind, are among the main features of the environment of the park. It is a very popular tourist destination and one of the most visited national parks in the whole region of the country.
The park is located quite close to the border between California and Nevada, and it is actually a part of a much larger green area which also includes other parks like Stanislaus National Forest, Sierra National Forest, Sierra National Forest, and many smaller ones. Yosemite National Park is very famous for its unique rocks and is known as the place where one can observe amazing natural granite and rocky formations, as well as plenty of streams and small creeks, wonderful waterfalls, quite large plantations of ancient sequoia trees and other high plants. The park is usually divided into 5 zones based on their elevation levels. Those are the alpine area, subalpine areas, lower montane forests, upper montane forests, and woodlands.
Where is Yosemite National Park, California, USA on Map?
Road map of Yosemite National Park, California, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Yosemite National Park, California, USA
Yosemite National Park, California, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Yosemite National Park, California, USA is 37.865101, and the longitude is -119.538330. Yosemite National Park, California, USA is located at United States country in the National Parks place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 51' 54.3636'' N and 119° 32' 17.9880'' W.
Yosemite National Park, California, USA Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||37° 51' 54.3636'' N|
|DMS Long||119° 32' 17.9880'' W|
Coordinates of Yosemite National Park, California, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
National Parks in United States
Also check out these related National Parks.
- Offshore Trap/Pot Waters Area, Western Atlantic Ocean, the US (38.000000, -82.000000)
- Steller Sea Lion Protection Area, AL, the US (57.466667, -153.433334)
- Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument, the US (16.736944, -169.523895)
- Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, Hawaii, the US (25.700001, -171.733337)
- Danville Conservation Area, New Florence, MO, USA (38.865097, -91.504852)
- Sand Harbor State Park, Incline Village, NV, USA (39.198364, -119.930984)
- White Sands National Park, NM, the US (32.779720, -106.171669)
- Jackson Hole, WY, USA (43.582767, -110.821999)
- Mojave National Preserve, Kelso, CA, USA (35.141689, -115.510399)
- Joshua Tree National Park, California, USA (33.881866, -115.900650)