Bloemfontein, South Africa
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -29.087217, 26.154898.
Bloemfontein, the city of roses, is the capital of Free State, a province of South Africa, located in the southern part of the Highveld, central South Africa. It is interesting that Bloemfontein is also considered to be one of the three capital cities of the country. The settlement was established by Dutch settlers, and the name of the city is derived from the expression "the blooming fountain". There are plenty of national administrative buildings, educational institutions, theaters, museums, galleries, parks, as well as the first in the country digital planetarium and a large observatory. It was also one of four Host Cities for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
The city is home to the Naval Hill Planetarium, the Supreme Court of Appeal of South Africa, Boyden Observatory, King’s Park, the Anglo-Boer War Museum, the Franklin Game Reserve on Naval Hill, the Free State Stadium, Replica Eiffel Tower, University of the Free State, Central University of Technology, Sand du Plessis Theatre, the National Women's Monument, the National Museum, Loch Logan Waterfront Mall, as well as the headquarters of South Africa's largest retail companies. Bloemfontein also hosts the 'Bloemfontein Rose Festival' every October. Two airports serve the city: Bram Fischer International Airport and New Tempe Aerodrome.
Where is Bloemfontein, South Africa on Map?
Road map of Bloemfontein, South Africa shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Bloemfontein, South Africa
Bloemfontein, South Africa Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Bloemfontein, South Africa is -29.087217, and the longitude is 26.154898. Bloemfontein, South Africa is located at South Africa country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 29° 5' 13.9812'' S and 26° 9' 17.6328'' E.
|DMS Lat||29° 5' 13.9812'' S|
|DMS Long||26° 9' 17.6328'' E|
Coordinates of Bloemfontein, South Africa is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in South Africa
Also check out these related Cities.
- Carletonville, Gauteng, South Africa (-26.358055, 27.398056)
- Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality, Free State, South Africa (-29.100000, 26.216700)
- Durban, South Africa (-29.883333, 31.049999)
- Soweto, Gauteng, South Africa (-26.266111, 27.865833)
- Bloemfontein, South Africa (-29.087217, 26.154898)
- Port Elizabeth, Easter Cape, South Africa (-33.958252, 25.619022)
- Sebokeng, Gauteng, South Africa (-26.563404, 27.844164)
- George, South Africa (-33.977074, 22.457581)
- Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa (-26.120134, 27.901464)
- Emalahleni, South Africa (-25.872782, 29.255323)