Johannesburg, South Africa
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -26.195246, 28.034088.
Johannesburg is a large community and the most crowded city in South Africa, as well as one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, alongside the capital city of the country, Cape Town. Located in the northeastern part of the country on a large flat plateau, Johannesburg is sometimes referred to as Jozy, and it has a large number of residents which makes the city one of the most numerous municipal areas on the whole African continent (including such neighborhoods as Sandton, Randburg, Krugersdorp, Midrand, Boksburg, and dozens of others). The city plays a key role as an economic, political, and especially the cultural center of South Africa. Just like all capital cities, Johannesburg is a center of business, transport, education, and social life of the country.
The city has a long history and it is famous for its multi-cultural and multi-religious community. People of many religions and religious traditions live in Johannesburg side by side, so there are many of various religious establishments located in the city, from various types of churches to shrines. Johannes is a notable tourist attraction and is the city visited by millions of guests from around the world. Just like the whole country is, the area of Johannesburg city is famous for its natural parks located in the neighborhood. Those include Suikerbosrand Natural Preserve, Ezemvelo Natural Preserve, Pilanesberg National Park, Mangwa Valley Park, and many more.
Where is Johannesburg, South Africa on Map?
Road map of Johannesburg, South Africa shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Johannesburg, South Africa
Johannesburg, South Africa Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Johannesburg, South Africa is -26.195246, and the longitude is 28.034088. Johannesburg, South Africa is located at South Africa country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 26° 11' 42.8856'' S and 28° 2' 2.7168'' E.
Johannesburg, South Africa Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||26° 11' 42.8856'' S|
|DMS Long||28° 2' 2.7168'' E|
Coordinates of Johannesburg, South Africa is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in South Africa
Also check out these related Cities.
- Carletonville, Gauteng, South Africa (-26.358055, 27.398056)
- Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality, Free State, South Africa (-29.100000, 26.216700)
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa (-29.883333, 31.049999)
- Soweto, Gauteng, South Africa (-26.266111, 27.865833)
- Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa (-29.087217, 26.154898)
- Port Elizabeth, Easter Cape, South Africa (-33.958252, 25.619022)
- Sebokeng, Gauteng, South Africa (-26.563404, 27.844164)
- George, South Africa (-33.977074, 22.457581)
- Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa (-26.120134, 27.901464)
- Emalahleni, South Africa (-25.872782, 29.255323)