El Capitan, CA, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 37.733952, -119.637756.
El Capitan, or El Cap, is an iconic granite mountain located in the west end of Yosemite Valley, east-central California. The rock is more than 3,000 feet from the base, which means 2.5 times as tall as the Empire State Building. El Cap attracts climbers from all over the world with its nearly vertical walls and breathtaking peak views. It is also considered one of the ultimate challenges in the world for climbers. It has two main faces, the Southwest and the Southeast. And there are several routes on both faces. The Nose is the most popular one and was climbed by Warren Harding in 1958. Nearby attractions include El Capitan The Salathé, The Dawn Wall, El Capitan Trail, El Capitan Meadow, The Base of the Nose, El Capitan Picnic Area, Cathedral Beach Picnic Area, and more. The 2018 documentary "Free Solo" features Alex Honnold who attempts to become the first person to free solo El Capitan. The documentary won the 2019 Academy Awards in "Best Documentary Feature", as well as BAFTA Awards and Primetime Emmy Awards.
Where is El Capitan, CA, USA on Map?
Road map of El Capitan, CA, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of El Capitan, CA, USA
El Capitan, CA, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of El Capitan, CA, USA is 37.733952, and the longitude is -119.637756. El Capitan, CA, USA is located at United States country in the Mountains place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 44' 2.2272'' N and 119° 38' 15.9216'' W.
|DMS Lat||37° 44' 2.2272'' N|
|DMS Long||119° 38' 15.9216'' W|
Coordinates of El Capitan, CA, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Mountains in United States
Also check out these related Mountains.
- El Capitan, CA, USA (37.733952, -119.637756)
- White Mountains, New Hampshire, the USA (44.271000, -71.305000)
- Maroon Bells, CO, USA (39.070663, -106.988937)
- Kīlauea, Hawaii, USA (19.406893, -155.283386)
- Table Rock Cliffs, Branson, MO, USA (36.659805, -93.348495)
- Beaver Creek Mountain, Beaver Creek, CO, USA (39.604328, -106.512329)
- Mount Jefferson, Nevada, USA (38.824654, -116.928879)
- Sierra Pelona, Palmdale, CA, USA (34.543888, -118.232224)
- Stag Draw, Colorado, USA (37.528370, -107.865349)
- Mineral Hill, Arizona, USA (31.990025, -111.067139)