Gauteng, South Africa
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -26.270760, 28.112268.
Gauteng is a small district and a province near Johannesburg city, located in the northeastern part of South Africa. Being a small town just a few decades ago, the district has joined the city and now is its integrated part, with its great schools and shopping centers. The name of the district is believed to come from a local expression meaning something close to 'the place where gold can be found'. Historically, the area started being inhabited during the times of the gold rush in South Africa. Despite being one of the smallest provinces of the country, with the area of only about 7 square miles, Gauteng is among the most heavily populated provinces of South Africa, with the population way more than a dozen of millions of people. Thus, the population density in the province is the highest in the country.
The city and its residents lived through quite long and winding history, with the events of various importance and results. Geographically, the province includes both heavily populated and urbanized areas, as well as quite a lot of excellent arable lands used mainly for agriculture and producing various agricultural products. The province is divided into three large municipal districts and two smaller municipalities. The fields like telecommunications, manufacturing, agriculture, and services are the main contributors in the province economy. The province plays a key role in the economic system of the whole country and is a key transport, service, education, logistics, culture, sports, and social life spot of South Africa.
Where is Gauteng, South Africa on Map?
Road map of Gauteng, South Africa shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Gauteng, South Africa
Gauteng, South Africa Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Gauteng, South Africa is -26.270760, and the longitude is 28.112268. Gauteng, South Africa is located at South Africa country in the Districts place category with the gps coordinates of 26° 16' 14.7360'' S and 28° 6' 44.1648'' E.
Gauteng, South Africa Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||26° 16' 14.7360'' S|
|DMS Long||28° 6' 44.1648'' E|
Coordinates of Gauteng, South Africa is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Districts in South Africa
Also check out these related Districts.
- Cape Winelands, South Africa (-33.333332, 19.666668)
- Sea Point, Cape Town, South Africa (-33.917419, 18.386274)
- Aeroton, Johannesburg South, South Africa (-26.253811, 27.974689)
- Gezina, Pretoria, South Africa (-25.718607, 28.207338)
- Tembisa, Centurion, South Africa (-25.878363, 28.159325)
- Somerset West, Cape Town, South Africa (-34.075691, 18.843266)
- Riverlea, Johannesburg, South Africa (-26.210432, 27.974110)
- De Waterkant, Cape Town, South Africa (-33.915401, 18.419445)
- Walmer, Port Elizabeth, South Africa (-33.975914, 25.585871)
- Newton Park, Port Elizabeth, South Africa (-33.945210, 25.566248)