Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -9.666667, 120.000000.
Sumba Island is the principal island of the Lesser Sunda Islands and a part of the province of East Nusa Tenggara, situated in the southern part of Indonesia. The total area of the island is close to 4,270 square miles, and it is a home to about 750 thousand people. It is supposed that before the colonization times the island was inhabited by some local populations like Austronesian and others. During the colonization period, manly the settlers from Portugal and the Netherlands landed and settled down there. The name of the island comes from the word sandalwood as there is a large amount of sandalwood forests can be found there. The community living there has really interesting culture and traditions, with over a dozen of languages being spoken there. There are a few great beaches and other natural attractions on the island.
Where is Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia on Map?
Road map of Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia is -9.666667, and the longitude is 120.000000. Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia is located at Indonesia country in the Islands place category with the gps coordinates of 9° 40' 0.0012'' S and 120° 0' 0.0000'' E.
Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||9° 40' 0.0012'' S|
|DMS Long||120° 0' 0.0000'' E|
Coordinates of Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Islands in Indonesia
Also check out these related Islands.
- Sumba Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia (-9.666667, 120.000000)
- Obi Islands, North Maluku, Indonesia (-1.500000, 127.750000)
- Pulau Sembilan, North Sumatra, Indonesia (4.154791, 98.256905)
- Karimunbesar Island, Karimun Regency, Riau Islands, Indonesia (1.067397, 103.362808)
- Pulau Dua Laut, Morowali, Sulawesi, Indonesia (-3.286794, 122.548470)
- Pulau Langkai, Ujung Tanah, Indonesia (-5.032989, 119.091080)
- Lembongan island, Indonesia (-8.678583, 115.455589)
- Penida Island, Indonesia (-8.727807, 115.544426)
- Sugi Island, Indonesia (0.833266, 103.786850)
- Belitung, Republic of Indonesia (-2.888180, 107.926941)