Christmas Island, Australia
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -10.474895, 105.616257.
Christmas Island is an Australian island located in the Indian Ocean, south of Java, Indonesia, and northwest of the Australian mainland. It has a total area of 135 km2 (52 sq mi). Christmas Island National Park covers most of the island. The majority of the population consisting of the Straits Chinese, Straits Indians, European Australians, and Malays, live in the northern part of Christmas Island. There are a few hotels and restaurants in the area. Crab Bridge, The Grotto, The Dales, The Blowholes, South Point Temple, South Point Railway Station, Dolly Beach, Winifred Beach, Lily Beach, Ethel Beach, Greta Beach, Margaret Knoll Lookout, Ma Chor Nui Nui Temple, Anderson Dale, Hughs Dale Waterfall, Martin Point, West White Beach Trailhead, Christmas Island Golf Course, Tai Jin House, Christmas Island Outdoor Cinema, Territory Day Park are the tourist attractions on the island. Christmas Island Airport is situated in the northeastern part of the island. Christmas Island is famous for being home to the Christmas Island red crab. Millions of red crabs make an annual mass migration from the island's forests to the ocean. The migration usually starts in October or November.
Where is Christmas Island, Australia on Map?
Road map of Christmas Island, Australia shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Christmas Island, Australia
Christmas Island, Australia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Christmas Island, Australia is -10.474895, and the longitude is 105.616257. Christmas Island, Australia is located at Australia country in the Islands place category with the gps coordinates of 10° 28' 29.6220'' S and 105° 36' 58.5252'' E.
|DMS Lat||10° 28' 29.6220'' S|
|DMS Long||105° 36' 58.5252'' E|
Coordinates of Christmas Island, Australia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Islands in Australia
Also check out these related Islands.
- Christmas Island, Australia (-10.474895, 105.616257)
- Wave Break Island, Australia (-27.934725, 153.415543)
- Fraser Island, Queensland, Australia (-25.216667, 153.133331)
- Whitsunday Islands, Australia (-20.299999, 148.933334)
- North Stradbroke Island, Queensland, Australia (-27.532316, 153.462601)
- Fisherman island, Brisbane QLD Australia (-27.372297, 153.176956)
- Penguin Island, Shoalwater, WA, Australia (-32.305698, 115.690575)
- Kangaroo Island, South Australia, Australia (-35.804447, 137.227478)
- Possession Island, Queensland, Australia (-10.723373, 142.401260)
- Dunk Island, Family Islands National Park, Dunk QLD, Australia (-17.945278, 146.157776)