Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -41.640079, 146.315918.
Tasmania is one of the states of Australia and a large island located to the south of the Australian continent shoreline. Tasmania is separated from the continent by spectacular strait of Bass and is the only state located not on the continental part of the country. The area of Tasmania is about 26.5 thousand square miles which makes it the smallest state of the country. The city of Hobart located in the southern part of the island is the capital city of Tasmania. Other large cities of the state include the cities of Launceston, Devonport, Burnie–Wynyard, Ulverstone, etc., and the city of Hobart forms the 12th largest urban area in the whole country. The distance from the southern region of Tasmania to the shores of the Australian continent is estimated to be about 16 hundred miles.
It is calculated that over 42 per cent of the state is covered by large natural parks and various protected areas like Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, Arthur-Pieman Conservation Area, Southwest National Park, and plenty of other smaller ones. A lot of people like Tasmania a lot, mainly for its amazing nature, numerous natural preserves and a very comfortable soft climate. Tasmania is famous for its wine and unique local cuisine, with plenty of sports and various cultural events, absolutely stunning local theater culture, literature, architecture, and so on. With its spectacular hills, inlets, small lakes, bays, marinas, and wonderful weather, Tasmania is among the most desired tourist destinations of the Southern Hemisphere.
Where is Tasmania, Australia on Map?
Road map of Tasmania, Australia shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Tasmania, Australia
Tasmania, Australia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Tasmania, Australia is -41.640079, and the longitude is 146.315918. Tasmania, Australia is located at Australia country in the Islands place category with the gps coordinates of 41° 38' 24.2844'' S and 146° 18' 57.3048'' E.
|DMS Lat||41° 38' 24.2844'' S|
|DMS Long||146° 18' 57.3048'' E|
Coordinates of Tasmania, Australia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Islands in Australia
Also check out these related Islands.
- Wave Break Island, Australia (-27.934725, 153.415543)
- Fraser Island, Queensland, Australia (-25.216667, 153.133331)
- Whitsunday Islands, Australia (-20.299999, 148.933334)
- North Stradbroke Island, Queensland, Australia (-27.532316, 153.462601)
- Fisherman island, Brisbane QLD Australia (-27.372297, 153.176956)
- Penguin Island, Shoalwater, WA, Australia (-32.305698, 115.690575)
- Kangaroo Island, South Australia, Australia (-35.804447, 137.227478)
- Possession Island, Queensland, Australia (-10.723373, 142.401260)
- Dunk Island, Family Islands National Park, Dunk QLD, Australia (-17.945278, 146.157776)
- Tasmania, Australia (-41.640079, 146.315918)