Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 41.015137, 28.979530.
Though sometimes it is erroneously named as the capital of Turkey, Istanbul is the main cultural and geopolitical center, at that is one of the largest and most populous cities of the Middle East. It is located in the northwestern part of the country, on the Strait of Bosporus, right between the Black Sea and the Marmara Sea. Istanbul, with its amount of historic monuments and cultural events, is a dream city for those who like traveling, learning new cultures and old historic traditions. The history of the city starts in the post-Roman Empire times, and the city used to play a key role as the capital of the Byzantine Empire, known as Constantinople. It used to be the final point of the so-called Silk Road stretching from the city of Shanghai to modern Istanbul.
Historically, the city has had a very important strategic location and used to be the subject of numerous fights and battles. It is home to a huge number of historical monuments like the Saint Sophia Mosque, Sultan Ahmet Mosque, the Covered Market, the Suleymanie Mosque, and many many more. Today's Istanbul is the principal commercial and cultural center of Turkey, with most of the cultural events like festivals, concerts, exhibitions, business fairs, cinema premieres, and other events of international importance take place in this city. Istanbul often is a host of various international sports competitions like the World Basketball Championship which took place in 2010. The city is a center of shopping and recreation as well.
Where is Istanbul, Turkey on Map?
Road map of Istanbul, Turkey shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Istanbul, Turkey
Istanbul, Turkey Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Istanbul, Turkey is 41.015137, and the longitude is 28.979530. Istanbul, Turkey is located at Turkey country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 41° 0' 54.4932'' N and 28° 58' 46.3080'' E.
Istanbul, Turkey Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||41° 0' 54.4932'' N|
|DMS Long||28° 58' 46.3080'' E|
Coordinates of Istanbul, Turkey is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Turkey
Also check out these related Cities.
- Manisa, Manisa Province, Turkey (38.630554, 27.422222)
- Diyarbakir, Diyarbakir Province, Turkey (37.910000, 40.240002)
- Izmit, Kocaeli, Turkey (40.766666, 29.916668)
- Gaziantep, Gaziantep Province, Turkey (37.066666, 37.383331)
- Sanliurfa, Sanliurfa Province, Turkey (37.158333, 38.791668)
- Tekirdag, Tekirdag Province, Turkey (40.977779, 27.515278)
- Adana, Adana Province, Turkey (37.000000, 35.321335)
- Antalya, Antalya Province, Turkey (36.884804, 30.704044)
- Giresun, Giresun Merkez/Giresun, Turkey (40.917534, 38.392654)
- Yozgat, Yozgat Province, Turkey (39.822060, 34.808132)