Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 40.416775, -3.703790.
Madrid is the capital and the largest city of Spain, its political, cultural, and economic center. Established in the 9th century AD, the city is located right in the very central part of the country, in the central area of the Iberian Peninsula, on the picturesque river of Manzanares. It has been the capital city of the country since the 16th century, and it is one of the European cities with the highest population density. Considered to be in the Top 10 tourist destinations of Europe, Madrid is known as the sunniest and the highest European capital (since it is located over 600 meters above the sea level). The streets of Madrid are really green, and the city's misquote is a small bear.
With its wonderful climate and unique nature, Madrid is a destination for those tourists and travelers who enjoy sightseeing and spending time outdoors rather than spending all their vacation of the beach. The city offers a great bunch of landmarks and the finest examples of old architecture like the building of the city's post-office and the city hall, the Royal Palace, the Palace of the Duke of Uceda, the Santa Cruz Palace, Almudena Cathedral, numerous parks and gardens, located all around the city. Those who travel in Spain should take a few days and visit the capital city which will provide you with incredible experiences and unforgettable moments.
Where is Madrid, Spain on Map?
Road map of Madrid, Spain shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Madrid, Spain
Madrid, Spain Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Madrid, Spain is 40.416775, and the longitude is -3.703790. Madrid, Spain is located at Spain country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 40° 25' 0.3900'' N and 3° 42' 13.6440'' W.
|DMS Lat||40° 25' 0.3900'' N|
|DMS Long||3° 42' 13.6440'' W|
Coordinates of Madrid, Spain is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Spain
Also check out these related Cities.
- Toledo, Castile–La Mancha, Spain (39.856667, -4.024444)
- Palencia, Tierra de Campos, Spain (42.016666, -4.533333)
- Lugo, Galicia, Spain (43.016666, -7.550000)
- Guadalajara, Castilla–La Mancha, Spain (40.633713, -3.167394)
- Manresa, Catalonia, Spain (41.729443, 1.827222)
- Benidorm, Alicante, Spain (38.534168, -0.131389)
- Gandia, Valencia, Spain (38.966667, -0.183333)
- Ourense, Galicia, Spain (42.336388, -7.863333)
- Badajoz, Extermadura, Spain (38.880280, -6.975278)
- Santander, Cantabria, Spain (43.462776, -3.805000)