Matera, Basilicata, Italy
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 40.666668, 16.600000.
Matera is a small city which is the capital of the same name province and a part of the region of Basilicata, in south eastern Italy. It is a special tourist attraction of the country famous for its caves, this the nickname of Matera is "Underground city". According to some archeological evidence, the area has been inhabited since the epoch of the Paleolithic times, so it is actually one of the oldest known civilization systems on the planet. In the times of the early Roman Empire, the town was bearing the name of Matheola. It was later on conquered by various civilizations like the Goths, the Byzantine, the Spanish, and other populations. In the modern day, Matera is a very popular tourist spot and a home to a system of cave streets, as well as the place where it is possible to find some very interesting buildings like the one of the city's cathedral, built in the 13th century, and many more.
Map of Matera, Basilicata, Italy
Matera, Basilicata, Italy Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Matera, Basilicata, Italy is 40.666668, and the longitude is 16.600000. Matera, Basilicata, Italy is located at Italy country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 40° 40' 0.0048'' N and 16° 36' 0.0000'' E.
Matera, Basilicata, Italy Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||40° 40' 0.0048'' N|
|DMS Long||16° 36' 0.0000'' E|
Coordinates of Matera, Basilicata, Italy is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Italy
Also check out these related Cities.
- Scandicci, Tuscany, Italy (43.750000, 11.166667)
- Scafati, Salerno, Campania, Italy (40.733334, 14.533333)
- Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy (42.349998, 14.166667)
- Acireale, Sicily, Italy (37.616669, 15.166667)
- Ercolano, Campania, Italy (40.799999, 14.350000)
- Aversa, Campania, Italy (40.966667, 14.200000)
- San Severo, Apulia, Italy (41.683334, 15.383333)
- Cava de' Tirreni, Campania, Italy (40.700001, 14.700000)
- Velletri, Lazio, Italy (41.686668, 12.777500)
- Siena, Tuscany, Italy (43.318611, 11.330556)