Ercolano, Campania, Italy
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 40.799999, 14.350000.
A very small city of Ercolano is one of the outskirts districts of the city of Naples situated in the region of Campania, southern Italy. It enjoys a spectacular location near the mount Vesuvius and was established at the place of an old settlement named Herculaneum established by the epic hero Hercules. It used to be a very popular and thriving resort city but during its long history it was often stroke by the volcano eruptions and numerous earthquakes. During the late Roman times the city was named Resina, and later on it turned into a key agricultural, fishing, educational, and social life center. The name of the city was changed to Ercolano in 1969 and since then it is a famous tourist spot which can offer plenty of interesting things to see and do.
Map of Ercolano, Campania, Italy
Ercolano, Campania, Italy Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Ercolano, Campania, Italy is 40.799999, and the longitude is 14.350000. Ercolano, Campania, Italy is located at Italy country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 40° 47' 59.9964'' N and 14° 20' 60.0000'' E.
Ercolano, Campania, Italy Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||40° 47' 59.9964'' N|
|DMS Long||14° 20' 60.0000'' E|
Coordinates of Ercolano, Campania, Italy is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Italy
Also check out these related Cities.
- Scandicci, Tuscany, Italy (43.750000, 11.166667)
- Scafati, Salerno, Campania, Italy (40.733334, 14.533333)
- Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy (42.349998, 14.166667)
- Acireale, Sicily, Italy (37.616669, 15.166667)
- Ercolano, Campania, Italy (40.799999, 14.350000)
- Aversa, Campania, Italy (40.966667, 14.200000)
- San Severo, Apulia, Italy (41.683334, 15.383333)
- Cava de' Tirreni, Campania, Italy (40.700001, 14.700000)
- Velletri, Lazio, Italy (41.686668, 12.777500)
- Siena, Tuscany, Italy (43.318611, 11.330556)