Modica, Sicily, Italy
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 36.849998, 14.766667.
A beautiful city and a small community named Modica can be found in the southern part of the island of Sicily, situated in the south western Italy. According to the historical evidence, the settlement was established in the 12th century BC and before the Greek invasion it used to be an independent community. When the Roman Empire started rising, the city still had a kind of independence though it has been a part of the Empire. In the 8th century AD it was captured by the Arabs, and then the Normans. In the Middle Ages Modica became a Christian community and a few times suffered some damage as result of serious earthquakes. Today it is a popular tourist spot and a cultural center, with plenty of things to see and do. The city is a birthplace of a number of important cultural and social activists, like the Noble Prize for Literature winner Salvatore Quasimodo.
Where is Modica, Sicily, Italy on Map?
Road map of Modica, Sicily, Italy shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Modica, Sicily, Italy
Modica, Sicily, Italy Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Modica, Sicily, Italy is 36.849998, and the longitude is 14.766667. Modica, Sicily, Italy is located at Italy country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 36° 50' 59.9928'' N and 14° 46' 0.0012'' E.
Modica, Sicily, Italy Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||36° 50' 59.9928'' N|
|DMS Long||14° 46' 0.0012'' E|
Coordinates of Modica, Sicily, Italy is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Italy
Also check out these related Cities.
- Scandicci, Tuscany, Italy (43.750000, 11.166667)
- Scafati, Salerno, Campania, Italy (40.733334, 14.533333)
- Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy (42.349998, 14.166667)
- Acireale, Sicily, Italy (37.616669, 15.166667)
- Ercolano, Campania, Italy (40.799999, 14.350000)
- Aversa, Campania, Italy (40.966667, 14.200000)
- San Severo, Apulia, Italy (41.683334, 15.383333)
- Cava de' Tirreni, Campania, Italy (40.700001, 14.700000)
- Velletri, Lazio, Italy (41.686668, 12.777500)
- Siena, Tuscany, Italy (43.318611, 11.330556)