Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 39.601875, -9.071212.
Nazaré is a town and a seaside resort with its mild climate and beautiful beaches located in the Oeste region, the province of Estremadura. Its name comes from "Nazareth" which is told as the childhood home of Jesus in the New Testament. It is a very popular place for those looking for a holiday on the Silver Coast. Nazaré is especially famous for its very high breaking waves because of the undersea canyon. It is a very popular spot for big wave surfing. The Nazaré Canyon is situated off the coast of Nazaré and regarded as the largest canyon in the whole of Europe. You can catch The Big Waves in Nazare between October and March, in some years September and April too.
The Praia do Norte (North Beach) has been listed on the Guinness World Records for the biggest wave ever ridden. Sebastian Steudtner who is a German professional big wave Surfer surfed a 71-foot wave in Nazaré, Portugal, and won the XXL Biggest Wave Award. Other attractions in the town are The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Nazaré, Doctor Joaquim Manso Folk and Archeological Museum, Sacred Art Museum of Reitor Luís Nesi, Nazaré Cultural Centre, the Fort of São Miguel Arcanjo, Porto da Nazaré, and The Nazaré Funicular.
Where is Nazaré, Portugal on Map?
Road map of Nazaré, Portugal shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Nazaré, Portugal
Nazaré, Portugal Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Nazaré, Portugal is 39.601875, and the longitude is -9.071212. Nazaré, Portugal is located at Portugal country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 39° 36' 6.7500'' N and 9° 4' 16.3632'' W.
|DMS Lat||39° 36' 6.7500'' N|
|DMS Long||9° 4' 16.3632'' W|
Coordinates of Nazaré, Portugal is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in Portugal
Also check out these related Towns.
- Nazaré, Portugal (39.601875, -9.071212)
- São Miguel Arcanjo, Azores, Portugal (37.717499, -25.434168)
- Cacilhas, Almada, Portugal (38.687252, -9.147665)
- Guarda, Portugal (40.536373, -7.265401)
- Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal (37.742828, -25.680588)
- Ponte de Lima, Viana do Castelo, Portugal (41.764732, -8.582741)
- Magoito, São João das Lampas, Portugal (38.867588, -9.429850)
- Alcanena, Portugal (39.459099, -8.667169)
- Corroios, Portugal (38.642151, -9.151483)
- Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal (32.688656, -16.791765)