Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 37.742828, -25.680588.
Situated on San Miguel island, Ponta Delgada is one of the largest towns and the capital of the Azores Island, Portugal. It is a coastal community established in the Middle ages, with the current population close to 68,000 people. The history of the settlement is followed started from the 15th century, when the first settlers started living there. The surrounding is beautiful, with a large number of green forests, fields and small lakes. There are a large number of landmarks in Ponta Delgada, including local luxury cathedrals like the one of Our Lady of Hope, a number ofparks and gardens, a few restaurants, and, of course, plenty of very good beaches situated in the town and its neighborhoods.
Where is Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal on Map?
Road map of Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal
Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal is 37.742828, and the longitude is -25.680588. Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal is located at Portugal country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 44' 34.1808'' N and 25° 40' 50.1168'' W.
Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||37° 44' 34.1808'' N|
|DMS Long||25° 40' 50.1168'' W|
Coordinates of Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in Portugal
Also check out these related Towns.
- São Miguel Arcanjo, Azores, Portugal (37.717499, -25.434168)
- Cacilhas, Almada, Portugal (38.687252, -9.147665)
- Guarda, Portugal (40.536373, -7.265401)
- Ponta Delgada, the Azores, Portugal (37.742828, -25.680588)
- Ponte de Lima, Viana do Castelo, Portugal (41.764732, -8.582741)
- Magoito, São João das Lampas, Portugal (38.867588, -9.429850)
- Alcanena, Portugal (39.459099, -8.667169)
- Corroios, Portugal (38.642151, -9.151483)
- Santa Cruz, Madeira, Portugal (32.688656, -16.791765)
- Caniçal, Portugal (32.740215, -16.734753)