The London Eye, UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.503399, -0.119519.
The London Eye is definitely one of the most famous and loved tourist attractions of the capital city of the United Kingdom. Known also as the Millennium Wheel, the London Eye is one of the most visited landmarks of London. It is located in the very historic central part of the capital city, at Westminster Bridge Road, the borough of Lambeth, London, the UK. It is a traditional Ferris wheel installed on the banks of the River Themes which offers a truly amazing view to the city and its main historic attractions. The construction of the wheel has a height of about 445 feet and is known as one of the tallest constructions of the capital city center. The diameter of the wheel is estimated to be about 400 feet.
For many decades the London Eye used to be the tallest Ferris wheel on the planet, but recently it has been surpassed by the wheels in Singapore, China, and Las Vegas. Besides, it used to be the highest observation point in the capital city of the United Kingdom, but lately, it has been surpassed by the Shard, a 95-storey skyscraper which has its observation deck on the 70s floors. The London Eye can be found on the southern bank of the River Thames, right at the southwestern corner of the famous Jubilee Gardens and London Eye Pier. Westminster Bridge is located to the south of the landmark, and other famous bridges, Hungerford Bridge and Golden Jubilee Bridges, are located less than a mile north of the attraction.
Where is The London Eye, UK on Map?
Road map of The London Eye, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of The London Eye, UK
The London Eye, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of The London Eye, UK is 51.503399, and the longitude is -0.119519. The London Eye, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Notable Buildings place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 30' 12.2364'' N and 0° 7' 10.2684'' W.
|DMS Lat||51° 30' 12.2364'' N|
|DMS Long||0° 7' 10.2684'' W|
Coordinates of The London Eye, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Notable Buildings in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Notable Buildings.
- Hammersmith Odeon, where Alchemy: Dire Straits Live was recorded (51.490868, -0.224698)
- Clarence House, London, England, the UK (51.504002, -0.138500)
- Prime Meridian (Greenwich) (51.477928, -0.001545)
- Sky Garden, London, the UK (51.511177, -0.083094)
- County Hall, London, the UK (51.501945, -0.118889)
- Edinburgh Festival Wheel, Edinburgh, Scotland, the UK (55.950050, -3.202994)
- Lloyds Building, London, the UK (51.513058, -0.082361)
- The Shard, London, the UK (51.504501, -0.086500)
- Cardiff Bay Yacht Club, Cardiff, Wales, the UK (51.448265, -3.175035)
- The Royal Albert Hall, Kensington, London, UK (51.500942, -0.177498)