Atchison, KS, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 39.563606, -95.125549.
Atchison is a city in Kansas, United States, located on the western bank of the Missouri River. It is the seat of Atchison County. The city was founded in 1854, incorporated in 1855, and named for David Rice Atchison, who served as President pro tempore of the United States Senate in the 19th century. Atchison is home to Benedictine College, Northeast Kansas Technical College, and Highland Community College Technical Center. U.S. Route 59 and U.S. Route 73 serve the area. The city is the birthplace of Amelia Earhart, the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. Points of interest in the city include Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum, Amelia Earhart Hangar Museum, Cray Historical Home Museum, Atchison County Historical Society, International Forest of Friendship, Sallie House, 1889 McInteer Villa, and so on. Amelia Earhart Airport is located to the west of the city center.
Where is Atchison, KS, USA on Map?
Road map of Atchison, KS, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Atchison, KS, USA
Atchison, KS, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Atchison, KS, USA is 39.563606, and the longitude is -95.125549. Atchison, KS, USA is located at United States country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 39° 33' 48.9816'' N and 95° 7' 31.9764'' W.
|DMS Lat||39° 33' 48.9816'' N|
|DMS Long||95° 7' 31.9764'' W|
Coordinates of Atchison, KS, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United States
Also check out these related Cities.
- Great Bend, KS, USA (38.364895, -98.774300)
- Fort Scott, KS, USA (37.838108, -94.710022)
- Emporia, KS, USA (38.405903, -96.188339)
- Dodge City, KS, USA (37.753098, -100.024872)
- Council Grove, KS, USA (38.661697, -96.492599)
- Chanute, KS, USA (37.679878, -95.459778)
- Atchison, KS, USA (39.563606, -95.125549)
- West Des Moines, IA, USA (41.579830, -93.791328)
- Webster City, IA, USA (42.464397, -93.829056)
- Waterloo, IA, USA (42.499504, -92.358665)