Athens, AL, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 34.802868, -86.971672.
Athens is a small town near Interstate 65 in the very northern part of Alabama, USA. Known as the "chicken stew capital of the world", the town is a nice place to visit and get to know the local lifestyle and customs. Athens was established in 1818 and named after the capital city of Greece. It is a part of Limestone county and a home to about 21,500 people. In the early 19th century the town started developing as a small education center, with a university, Athens State University, established there in 1822 and becoming the oldest university in the county. The number of students there is close to 3,500 people. Modern Athens is also famous for a large power station, Browns Ferry Nuclear Station, located there.
Where is Athens, AL, USA on Map?
Road map of Athens, AL, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Athens, AL, USA
Athens, AL, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Athens, AL, USA is 34.802868, and the longitude is -86.971672. Athens, AL, USA is located at United States country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 34° 48' 10.3248'' N and 86° 58' 18.0192'' W.
|DMS Lat||34° 48' 10.3248'' N|
|DMS Long||86° 58' 18.0192'' W|
Coordinates of Athens, AL, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in United States
Also check out these related Towns.
- South Padre Island, TX, USA (26.111944, -97.169724)
- Wood Dale, Illinois, the US (41.963055, -87.978333)
- New Lisbon, New Jersey, the United States (39.958057, -74.625999)
- Merry Hill, NC, the US (36.011944, -76.772499)
- Spring Valley, Illinois, the US (41.327221, -89.200836)
- Nesconset, NY, USA (40.846111, -73.150558)
- Cordelia, OH, USA (40.899445, -83.785835)
- Hope Mills, NC, the US (34.970554, -78.956665)
- Pennington, NJ, USA (40.324924, -74.788780)
- Hughesville, MD, the US (38.533611, -76.782219)