Big Ben, London, UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.510357, -0.116773.
Big Ben, or Elizabeth Tower, is one of the key tourist attractions of Westminster, as well as one of the most recognizable symbols of the capital city of the UK, London. It is an old historic clock tower constructed in the middle of the 19th century and is considered to be the second largest clock tower on earth. Big Ben is something like the nickname of the tower and it is actually the name of the bell which gives its sound every hour informing the people about the time. The tower is 315 feet tall and there is an observation area there, so it is possible to climb up and enjoy some amazing views to the city center and the neighborhoods of London.
Big Ben has great significance in popular culture and is considered one of the main symbols of the United Kingdom. It is one of the cultural icons of the country which can be seen on the local currency and most of the local tourism advertisements. Just lake many of other famous landmarks of the world located in various countries of the planet, Big Ben is on the list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites and is being protected by that organization. The landmark is occasionally renovated. For example, a recent renovation resulted in building-in an elevator into the tower, so those who cannot use steps for climbing up can get a chance to enjoy the views from the tower's upper levels.
Where is Big Ben, London, UK on Map?
Road map of Big Ben, London, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Big Ben, London, UK
Big Ben, London, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Big Ben, London, UK is 51.510357, and the longitude is -0.116773. Big Ben, London, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Towers place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 30' 37.2852'' N and 0° 7' 0.3828'' W.
Big Ben, London, UK Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||51° 30' 37.2852'' N|
|DMS Long||0° 7' 0.3828'' W|
Coordinates of Big Ben, London, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towers in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Towers.
- Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clock Tower, Birmingham, the UK (52.449837, -1.930617)
- Craigkelly Transmitting Station, Burntisland, the UK (56.071888, -3.232915)
- Glasgow Tower, Glasgow, the UK (55.858700, -4.295905)
- National Lift Tower, Tower Square, Northampton, UK (52.238533, -0.921987)
- Radio City Tower, Liverpool, the UK (53.406315, -2.981979)
- BT Tower (Birmingham), Birmingham, the UK (52.483521, -1.904100)
- Blackpool Tower, Blackpool, Lancashire, the UK (53.815884, -3.055291)
- British Airways i360, Brighton, the UK (50.821384, -0.150896)
- Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth, the UK (50.795574, -1.108517)
- BT Tower, London, the UK (51.521393, -0.139018)