Carthage, IL, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 40.414780, -91.141708.
Carthage is a city and the seat of Hancock County in western Illinois, United States, located 107 miles northwest of Springfield. The city was founded by European-Americans in the 19th century, named for a city in Tunisia. The founder of the Latter Day Saint movement Joseph Smith and his brother, Hyrum Smith were killed in the city on June 27, 1844. Main attractions in the city are Kibbe Hancock Heritage Museum, Carthage Jail, The "Old Jail" Historical Marker, The Legacy Theater, Joe Grate Sports Complex, Carthage Golf Club, Carthage Public Library, Carthage Park District, and so on. U.S. Route 136 and Illinois Route 94 serve the area. The city was home to Carthage College from 1870 to 1964. It was also home to Robert Morris University–Illinois which was relocated to Chicago.
Where is Carthage, IL, USA on Map?
Road map of Carthage, IL, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Carthage, IL, USA
Carthage, IL, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Carthage, IL, USA is 40.414780, and the longitude is -91.141708. Carthage, IL, USA is located at United States country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 40° 24' 53.2080'' N and 91° 8' 30.1488'' W.
|DMS Lat||40° 24' 53.2080'' N|
|DMS Long||91° 8' 30.1488'' W|
Coordinates of Carthage, IL, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United States
Also check out these related Cities.
- Charles City, IA, USA (43.066807, -92.683464)
- Burlington, IA, USA (40.810947, -91.131844)
- Boone, IA, USA (42.060650, -93.885490)
- Wabash, IN, USA (40.800262, -85.830887)
- Vincennes, IN, USA (38.678299, -87.522491)
- Valparaiso, IN, USA (41.483845, -87.063965)
- Terre Haute, IN, USA (39.472298, -87.401917)
- Shelbyville, IN, USA (39.524483, -85.786476)
- Richmond, IN, USA (39.828354, -84.894196)
- Plymouth, IN, USA (41.345619, -86.316971)