Chapais, QC, Canada
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 49.781811, -74.854492.
A small city of Chapais is situated in the province of Quebec in the eastern Canada, in the area known as the Jamésie. It is a small community with French speaking residents who have been lived there since the times of colonization. The name of the city comes from the last name of a French explorer, author, and historian. The population of the city used to be employed by numerous copper mines located in the region. Chapais is also notorious as a place where a horrible fire happened in 1980 which resulted in death of 48 people. Now, the number of residents of the city is estimated to be close to 16 hundred people.
Map of Chapais, QC, Canada
Chapais, QC, Canada Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Chapais, QC, Canada is 49.781811, and the longitude is -74.854492. Chapais, QC, Canada is located at Canada country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 49° 46' 54.5196'' N and 74° 51' 16.1712'' W.
Chapais, QC, Canada Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||49° 46' 54.5196'' N|
|DMS Long||74° 51' 16.1712'' W|
Coordinates of Chapais, QC, Canada is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Canada
Also check out these related Cities.
- Yorkton, SK, Canada (51.213890, -102.462776)
- Warman, SK, Canada (52.321945, -106.584167)
- Swift Current, SK, Canada (50.288055, -107.793892)
- North Battleford, SK, Canada (52.757500, -108.286110)
- Moose Jaw, SK, Canada (50.393333, -105.551941)
- Melville, SK, Canada (50.930557, -102.807777)
- Melfort, SK, Canada (52.856388, -104.610001)
- Martensville, SK, Canada (52.289722, -106.666664)
- Humboldt, SK, Canada (52.201942, -105.123055)
- Lloydminster, SK, Canada (53.278046, -110.005470)