Charters Towers, QLD, Australia
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -20.100000, 146.266663.
A town of Charters Towers is a small community in the northern part of Queensland, a state in the north eastern Australia. Just like many settlements around, the town emerged in the second half of the 19th century, during the times of the Gold Rush in the north eastern part of the continent. The region is known for its humid and hot summers, as well as soft and usually dry winters. The modern day's Charles Towers is a community of slightly over 8 thousand people, with most of the work force engaged in services and various commercial enterprises. The town is famous for its annual event known as the Charters Towers Goldfield Ashes which is accompanied with cricket competition and various public celebrations.
Map of Charters Towers, QLD, Australia
Charters Towers, QLD, Australia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Charters Towers, QLD, Australia is -20.100000, and the longitude is 146.266663. Charters Towers, QLD, Australia is located at Australia country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 20° 6' 0.0000'' S and 146° 15' 59.9868'' E.
Charters Towers, QLD, Australia Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||20° 6' 0.0000'' S|
|DMS Long||146° 15' 59.9868'' E|
Coordinates of Charters Towers, QLD, Australia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in Australia
Also check out these related Towns.
- Subiaco, WA, Australia (-31.948999, 115.827003)
- Stirling, WA, Australia (-31.882999, 115.809998)
- Nedlands, WA, Australia (-31.982000, 115.806999)
- Melville, WA, Australia (-32.041000, 115.801003)
- Kwinana Town, WA, Australia (-32.243999, 115.814003)
- Kalamunda, WA, Australia (-31.974001, 116.057999)
- Hamilton, VIC, Australia (-37.733334, 142.016663)
- Mount Barker, SA, Australia (-35.066666, 138.850006)
- Warwick, QLD, Australia (-28.215200, 152.035202)
- Redcliffe Town, QLD, Australia (-27.233334, 153.266663)